Can anyone here make this adapter for me?

Buck531

If I had a block of aluminum, can anyone here make this adapter? There's a back side to it that needs a little routing but I can't find the pic right now.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/Random/northstaradapter1.jpg

Is this part not commercially available? Are you wanting to produce it for sale?

Having a 1 off part layed out and milled will not be cheap...

KillJoy

This. Having a machiene shop do all that work to make one would be stupid. Anytime ive ever seen any new CNC'd things on a forum its almost always a 50-100 person group buy to get these things going.

Have yet to hear of one set of CNC'd things that came out under 2,000 for the initial startup.

For work I have used a shop that was pretty reasonable. I think they charged just $25 to do some Rockwell C hardness testing in a bout 6 places on a piece of steel for me. They have lots of old machines, so it is not an impressive looking place, but that is the key to keeping down costs. You might want to give them a call (or another local machine shop to see what they say).

Product Tooling Inc‎

4290 North 3 Bs and K Road,

Sunbury, OH 43074-9580

(740) 524-2061‎

P.S.

I am in no way affiliated with Product Tooling, but just had a good experience with them when they helped me out in a jam.

Yeah they kinda were mass produced. Not so much anymore. It's getting really tough to find one. That's why I was looking at getting one made. I could probably do it myself, but I figured I'd let someone with a mill do it. They're around $100 or so "IF" I can find one. If not, oh well.

Also, the block of aluminum is the correct width and size (the triangle looking shape). I just need the hole cut in the middle and the holes drilled. If that helps.