Mortal Kombat, with mountain lion

Science Abuse

Standing on the Tsavo bridge in Kenya (see: Ghost and the Darkness), when there's no one around for miles and its just you, your dad and brother...your neck is working overtime to make sure there aren't any man-eaters around.
  • Upvote 1

That is why when I go camping or for hikes and such, I will carry. :)

Then your mountain lion story, by comparison, would suck: "I saw it, and shot it in the face." [/thread] You wouldn't even have any scars.

I would rather have a knife and not need it. Jamming my arm down the throat of a mountain lion does not sound fun.

Actually, it kinda does. If I did that and it actually worked, I would probably chuckle out loud, right then and there (The article doesn't take into account chemical imbalance and mental illness). If it doesn't work, poke it in the eye with your stump.

I have varying blades for different areas, all the way up to the 34 inch "bear stick" which I bring everywhere that I bring my boy.

FYI guys: Ohio *is* bear country these days, mostly southern.

One thing that struck me as odd though. The woman seemed like she should know whats what when it comes to the areas she is taking the water samples from.

When the lion started to follow her, you would have to know right then and there it had some sort of issues, and was going to attack. Those things normally only attack from ambush in the rear (surprise buttsex!) and go for the neck.

Then your mountain lion story, by comparison, would suck: "I saw it, and shot it in the face." [/thread] You wouldn't even have any scars.

Duh. kinda the point. No scars but I would have one cool ass rug! Do you not have any scars? I have enough.

Duh. kinda the point. No scars but I would have one cool ass rug! Do you not have any scars? I have enough.

I've earned lots, but none from a fucking Mountain Lion. :cool:

I don't need an "ass rug", no matter how cool it is. I'd probably eat it and build a statue in its honor.

...all the way up to the 34 inch "bear stick" which I bring everywhere that I bring my boy.

FYI guys: Ohio *is* bear country these days, mostly southern.

I need one of these for Red Dead. Spent my lunch break today trying to kill an effin' bear with the knife. :)

+1 on the gun carry.

+1 on the gun carry.

Too heavy, runs out of "fuel", doesn't like to be dirty. The "bear stick" can be used to cut firewood, works when wet and muddy, and never needs reloaded. ;)

Just depends on what you consider to be a hike. I go out for days at a time, carrying a 5lb finicky mechanism just isn't worth it.

Too heavy, runs out of "fuel", doesn't like to be dirty. The "bear stick" can be used to cut firewood, works when wet and muddy, and never needs reloaded. ;)

Just depends on what you consider to be a hike. I go out for days at a time, carrying a 5lb finicky mechanism just isn't worth it.

Point proven. I guess I should also say +1 on gun carry with knife.

My choice of gear if I'm out for a length of time:

My Buck knife.

http://www.sonomacutlery.com/store/images/P/119.jpg

My Mossberg .22 bolt action with 4x scope.

http://hammerbackguns.com/images/plinkster-synthetic-mossberg.JPG

Pump action 12G

http://www.brnoguns.co.uk/images/N22_12g.jpg

And after tonight my Hi Point 995ts.

http://renegadearmament.com/images/rsrinventory/M/MKS995TS_1.jpg

Of course I don't ALWAYS carry ALL of these when I go out but if I am in an area where a friggin' mountain lion, bear, or even coyote could even possibly attack I would have at least the 9mm or 12G and my Buck knife. :)

The problem with most cougar attacks is you never see them coming. You could have 12 guns and 8 knives and it won't make a shitta bitta difference. Oh, and please, someone tell me how bad ass they would be and how you'd arm bar it or some shit. :rolleyes: lol :D

I know a bi about that fear and the feeling of an oh shit moment.

Those of you who remember my black bear picks from last year.....yeah I felt that way. Compounding my fear was the fact that it was a baby bear but no sign of mama bear.....me with my two kids, elderly inlaws and othing but my bare hands n themiddle of the woods in southern Ohio. I still cantbelieve I took some pics.

Thankfully after seeing baby bear, snapping a couple picks and telling my. Kids to go back, I never got a chanc to encounter mom.

Thankfully after seeing baby bear, snapping a couple picks and telling my. Kids to go back, I never got a chance to encounter mom.

It was southern Ohio, mama was drunk or meth'ed up some where. ;)

Were I to hike in Alaska, I would carry a fire arm, and it would m,ost certainly not be a useless 22. ;) A 12ga or .45 might stop a Kodiak.

It's always interesting to me to see how evolution's hard-wiring is still so ingrained. So much of how we behave can be traced to things we've learned since our time began, that we now react or apply to, even the most rudimentary things in our modern day lives.

It's always interesting to me to see how evolution's hard-wiring is still so ingrained. So much of how we behave can be traced to things we've learned since our time began, that we now react or apply to, even the most rudimentary things in our modern day lives.

You mean the stuff we used to hunt dinosaurs 6000 years ago?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080321161904/uncyclopedia/images/c/c7/Crazy-cabbie-caveman-dragging-woman-by-hair-in-hoboken.jpg