Wedding Photographer?

Hahn

Can anyone on here refer me to a good photographer for my wedding this Nov? not looking for anything major really, just someone to snap some pics throughout the wedding and reception. Thanks.

theres a couple of thos that had really good prices listed on their sites and some that were upwards of 2k. if anyone has anymore cheap photographers in mind, please let me here of them. again, this is greatly appreciated.

theres a couple of thos that had really good prices listed on their sites and some that were upwards of 2k. if anyone has anymore cheap photographers in mind, please let me here of them. again, this is greatly appreciated.

Tractor is reasonably priced. PM him.

i think the national average is about 3500-4500...it sucks.

tom

Im sorry but i refuse to pay more for someone to take pictures of my wedding than the actual wedding is going to cost. Iv got a few leads for 300 and less. I mean how hard is it to take some pics over a few hrs and then print some off? we all took a photography class in high school right lol.

I recommend Funky Pharaoh Photography.

Renee is a GREAT photographer and is starting to build a business around it. She is VERY interested in wedding photography right now. She is a personal friend of mine, and we shoot together alot.

If you want more examples of her work, let me know and ill PM you her Flickr Page as well.

Im sorry but i refuse to pay more for someone to take pictures of my wedding than the actual wedding is going to cost. Iv got a few leads for 300 and less. I mean how hard is it to take some pics over a few hrs and then print some off? we all took a photography class in high school right lol.

If you plan on paying 300 or less for quality photos, dont expect a great return.

Jamie is cheap when it comes to price and her photos compare to top dollar photographers.

i think the national average is about 3500-4500...it sucks.

tom

To further on that comment, think about this. That price range will put a single wedding photographer in a position to take home around $50,000 per year so thats not even a great job from a professional's perspective. If your business stays in the midwest (not destination weddings) then you shoot typically 25-40 weddings per year and your considered busy.

Also to comment on time to shoot a wedding, sure you see us shoot for 3 hrs, but in the digital age we have to do all our processing ourselves (film labs used to do most of it) so on a typical wedding I spend another 8hrs at my desk going through each photo removing, duplicates, blinkers, obvious bad shots/test shots. This can bring a stack of 1000 photos down to about 600. Then I usually get 50-100 that I consider FIVE STAR and I edit them much heavier and use them in promotions and put them in the first draft of the client album if they ordered one.

This still isn't including the time we spend driving to and meeting clients at least once and hopefully twice or three times (engagement session and perhabs rehearsal night). Or driving to the venues to check lighting conditions and rules about equipment placement.

To further on that comment, think about this. That price range will put a single wedding photographer in a position to take home around $50,000 per year so thats not even a great job from a professional's perspective. If your business stays in the midwest (not destination weddings) then you shoot typically 25-40 weddings per year and your considered busy.

Also to comment on time to shoot a wedding, sure you see us shoot for 3 hrs, but in the digital age we have to do all our processing ourselves (film labs used to do most of it) so on a typical wedding I spend another 8hrs at my desk going through each photo removing, duplicates, blinkers, obvious bad shots/test shots. This can bring a stack of 1000 photos down to about 600. Then I usually get 50-100 that I consider FIVE STAR and I edit them

much heavier and use them in promotions and put them in the first draft of the client album if they ordered one.

Im deffinitley not doggin on your career, im just saying theres no way i can afford to pay that much for a photographer when i have someone willing to do it for much less.

Im deffinitley not doggin on your career, im just saying theres no way i can afford to pay that much for a photographer when i have someone willing to do it for much less.

Oh I know, I was just putting it out there as general knowledge for anyone interested.

I don't do this full time yet so I'm still cheap. I just like to do a complete and professional job anyway. I typically won't do a "shoot and burn" where I just hand over an unedited DVD of the photos because that will look bad on me.

If you are interested or have questions let me know. Even if you don't want to use my services your on CR so I'll help anyway I can.

evan@photographybyevan.com

Oh I know, I was just putting it out there as general knowledge for anyone interested.

I don't do this full time yet so I'm still cheap. I just like to do a complete and professional job anyway. I typically won't do a "shoot and burn" where I just hand over an unedited DVD of the photos because that will look bad on me.

If you are interested or have questions let me know. Even if you don't want to use my services your on CR so I'll help anyway I can.

evan@photographybyevan.com

email sent. thanks.

Wait a sec - you are getting married at age 20?

DUDE

lol. in my defense we have been together for 4+yrs and already living together. Plus deploying nxt year so..... :D