yay for me...

SRTurbo04

well as some know last month on the way to work(boat in tow) the left wheel on the boat trailer broke. After carefully limping it home i let it sit for a month in punishment for doing me wrong...

fast forward to today i go to asses the damage :D i go an jack the back of the trailer up to put it on jack stands and when jacking it up ...the whole wheel/hub just falls off the trailer :wtf: ...mind you i never loosened anything. how i got home i have noooooo idea haha

well i go pick up a general trailer hub kit, an go to put it on an took me over an hour(im a newb) to put one bearing on. turns out the whole axle is shot, its bent, an the ends are just trashed :( yay for me. going to go find an axle for it, get help from someone who knows what there doing an im HOPING to be out on alum on sunday with it. all i wanted to do was a simple change of parts on the trailer an its turns into a fiasco FML :lol:

all i wanted to do was a simple change of parts on the trailer an its turns into a fiasco FML :lol:

Sounds like Ben when he was attempting to work on his STi.

Both are exactly why I hired a plumber to complete two small projects at the house this week. 4-5hrs later, he was done....and he's a very skilled pro. Nothing is easy is what it boils down to.

Good luck. Should be a fun time on the water.

Well fuck boat trailers....

Went out an bought a full bolt in unit that seemed too good to be true. Did some measurements. Of the old one an this one matched up..... but after furthier review this one had these mounts where it would sit on the leaf springs... well they are spaced out 1 an 3/8th inch too far on each side f m l so I just gave up I rigged the old axel back on there an drug it back into the garage with the left wheel held on by locking pliers :lol:

I guess the jet ski won the lottery again for tomorrow.

Anyone knoe where I can get a new axel for a trailor I need a 58inch wide axel but has to be 46 inches for the bolt areas between the leaf springs

I

how long is your boat paul, it may be best to just buy a new trailor. you really did that thing in driving with a busted bearing.

I thought about a new trailer but I can't really tow the boat to a lake to swap trailers lol an. Yea who knows I'm just so frustrated with it that ill let it sit another month before I touch it

I

I thought about a new trailer but I can't really tow the boat to a lake to swap trailers lol an. Yea who knows I'm just so frustrated with it that ill let it sit another month before I touch it

contact half of CR to lift the boat up while you bring in a new trailer ;)