Looking for someone who can fix my home a/c

flat tire

A/C will freeze up and stop working. looking to get it fixed asap. please shoot me a pm if you can take a look at it today. Thanks... Im not sure if I put this in the correct section. Edited by flat tire

I know a bit about them and I've even had this problem before. There's a good chance that the evaporator fan isn't working. So, instead of evaporating, the moisture freezes. Run your a/c and if the compressor is running but the evap fan isn't, that's your problem. Check to see there isn't anything blocking it from working properly, be sure all your filters are cleaned, and you have good airflow to everything. Try to check this when it freezes up so you can see any ice buildup. Then, let it melt, and figure out what's causing it. If everything works well what's its melted, it's probably what I said above and possibly below.

There's also a chance the freon is low. Now, to many, that'll sound like the opposite problem, howver, low freon can cause it to freeze up. I won't get into the tecnnicalities here, but that's always a possibility.

• 1 month later...

-check filter

-make sure all returns arent covered up

-open all you vents, dont try and cool certain rooms, in the ducts and rooms

My moms wasnt cooling and the line was freezing up, replaced filter opened and unblocked everything. Now s'all good :)