Corvette (re)Build Party - 6/26

zeitgeist57

WIFE SEZ FIX IT OR SELL IT!!!:eek:

I have (or will have) all the parts to replace headers, Optispark, waterpump, gaskets, etc...to do a rotating assembly rebuild and replacement of cracked cast iron manifolds. I have been working piecemeal on it, but my work/family schedule has been berzerk since early May. The 'Vette has been gathering dust and my wife is starting to lose it...ultimatum is coming by the end of this month if I don't make serious progress.

Please PM me if you can reserve some time on Saturday, June 26th to come to my house, drink beer, eat Taco Bell/Pizza/Raising Canes, use my tools, and HELP ME fix this thing!!! My wifey will be out of town, so I plan on spending most of the day working on it...

FYI, car is my 1995 LT1 6-speed Corvette with 90k miles on it.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! PM me for directions. I'll look to get started after Cars and Coffee.

Matt, in FL I had a Nitrous Express wet kit with a full 20lb tank...never installed it because I never had the balls to. Bought it new with a fill-up for $425, sold it a year later untouched for $400. This was back when the economy was booming in south FL, btw. :)

i dont know much about vetts. more of a ford guy, but id definetly be down to help out where i can, or just to get to know some more cr members, havent hung out with any cr members since college. so if its ok with everyone else id be down. maybe i could learn a bit about the bow tie side of town too. lmk

• 2 weeks later...

FYI...just received headers today...no time to powdercoat them.

Need help doing the following:

1) Removing motor mounts

2) Pulling crank pulley

3) Replacing Optispark distributor and new water pump

3.5) Reinstalling crank pulley

4) Replacing motor mounts

5) Installing headers

6) Reconnecting everything.

Optional: valve stem seals???

I'm getting High Life Light. You don't like it? BYOB, MOFO. :)

Why is there so much stuff planned for this day. I would come hang(I dont know how to do any of that stuff) if there werent so many things that day.

It doesn't matter what gets done or not. Anything accomplished will be forward progress for me...