Sell everything you own, buy a Lambo - drive it until it Kersplodes

spankis

I've done it. Not quite on that scale. However, the original plan was larger scale but I ended up remaining in the country only because of my daughter. I've had many friends in many places who've told me they wanted to do soemthing similar. None of them ever would, though. I grew up bouncing around alot and have always enjoyed traveling. Really wasn't a big deal for me. I've made decisions and acted on them, within a night's sleep to pick up and move to another state, more than once. As a matter of fact, this is the longest I've ever lived anywhere. Who'd a thunk it. Fuckin Ohio. lol Edited by ImUrOBGYN

see, im a younger guy, no kids to support, etc. i think for 80k+/year i could stick with that for quite some time. 2 years of that (after taxes) i would have no mortgage, no car payment, etc.

but i love money and it motivates me. lol

The company i worked for wasnt the easiest, one day the boss is calling telling you how outstanding of a job your doing. The next, hes calling and i have to move the phone away from my ear because hes yelling so loud.

The company i worked for wasnt the easiest, one day the boss is calling telling you how outstanding of a job your doing. The next, hes calling and i have to move the phone away from my ear because hes yelling so loud.

:confused:

Must not have worked too many jobs, this IS how it works unless you work for some tiny start-up who hasn't felt the pain yet.

:confused:

Must not have worked too many jobs, this IS how it works unless you work for some tiny start-up who hasn't felt the pain yet.

I understand that, i just hate having my job threatend everytime production isnt met. We worked our asses off did everything we could yet all they see is numbers. they didnt see us hustle 12-14 hours a day to reach our 50K dollar goal every 2 weeks of personal training.

P.S: i am not complaining at all or anything about my past job just explaining my reasoning behind my actons.

I have always worked for myself, I enjoy working for myself. That is what i am currently doing.

Its been done before....

http://www.whenshtf.com/showthread.php?8419-Jobless-and-living-in-my-truck...-(with-Pics)&highlight=truck+living

Of course its on one of the crazy forums but same idea. Guy was from Ohio too. Lost his job, sold everything he had, packed up his truck and went on his way.

long but interesting read. until he lost his job at the camp site!

long but interesting read. until he lost his job at the camp site!

Really? i didnt read that far. I think i stoped reading at page 30, even then that guy had the life. Living off only what he needed and not to excess in a tropical paradise.

see, im a younger guy, no kids to support, etc. i think for 80k+/year i could stick with that for quite some time. 2 years of that (after taxes) i would have no mortgage, no car payment, etc.

but i love money and it motivates me. lol

Money used to be my major motivational factor. But not so much anymore. Great story and that would be really fun.

Really? i didnt read that far. I think i stoped reading at page 30, even then that guy had the life. Living off only what he needed and not to excess in a tropical paradise.

Not trying to ruin the story for everyboedy else, don't read any further if you don't want the cliff notes.

He took a Grey hound back to ohio and got his bike and road it back to the keys in the rain and shit. Shortly after he got back most of the on site employees were told that they had 48hrs to leave the property. nothing that they did wrong, the owners were in financial trouble.

So he ends on geting his old job back in Pittsburgh (never really said what it was) but he did say that he might work a month and then not work for a month. So he lived in Ohio on his property where he had no electric, phone, running water, cell phone service, internet service. basicly hand nothing but a roof over his head and a pond close by.

I read all 53 pages. usually just skipped over everybody elses post and only read trooper dan's post. I figured that if somebdy had something important to say, he would address it or answer their question. and if need be I would go back and reread it.

It sound like everything was going great until he lost his job. He said that he sould of had more money in the bank (had almost 3k) but spent a lot when he was on vacation to Ohio. He wanted to save up and start travling again. wanted to try the same type of living out west. but things didn't work out for him and he is back where he started.

Its been done before....

http://www.whenshtf.com/showthread.php?8419-Jobless-and-living-in-my-truck...-(with-Pics)&highlight=truck+living

Of course its on one of the crazy forums but same idea. Guy was from Ohio too. Lost his job, sold everything he had, packed up his truck and went on his way.

I'd never heard about this one before. Great read! And talk about being prepared, guy seemed incredibly level-headed as well.