Starter boat?

Scotty2Hotty

I've been looking at boats for sometime, but can't say I'm 100% on anything. But I was looking into the Seadoo Challenger 1800's or something between 18-21FT. Didn't know if anyone has had any of the Seadoo boats before, but for cruising around a lake for a weekend with a few people 2-3, I'm digging the Seadoos. But I was also looking for some other brands to look for aswell. I don't have a price range set in gold yet, but say on the higher end of things, closer to $10K.

Pm sam he has had two seadoo boats. His most current one is bad ass an fast.

Also if u look a few threads down rread the one that's jet boat. There's some info on there.

I've got a nice starter boat fs for 2200 but its not a seadoo

Interesting turn of a phrase, Scotty, seeing that you're talking about a BOAT.

BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand

Good luck with the search! :)

:lol:

Since I may end up in Texas, I could deffinately get the use out of it. Thanks Paul, I'll give that thread a look. If I weren't going to be buying other things, I could drop more, but being a first boat I'm in no hurry to get into payments.

My only input is smaller is better on a first boat. My first boat was a 19' cuddy, and I'll admit I was not comfortable in it at all, and I've always considered myself someone who can ride or drive just about anything on the first try.

Jet boats are different then prop boats. My first boat was a 16 seadoo speedster. It was a fast lil boat and fun to drive. It was not the greatest in choppy water but for a first timer it worked out great. My parents always had boats so I was very familiar with them. I now have a 20 ft speedster and I love it. I want something bigger but will wait alil for that. If you do get a boat, I suggest goin to the lake late in the evening on a week day to get use to backing it in, pulling it on and off the trailer and seeing how boats react in the water and how they operate as far as backing up and what not. Week nights are usually not crowded at all. Good luck in your searchings.

Jet boats are different then prop boats. My first boat was a 16 seadoo speedster. It was a fast lil boat and fun to drive. It was not the greatest in choppy water but for a first timer it worked out great. My parents always had boats so I was very familiar with them. I now have a 20 ft speedster and I love it. I want something bigger but will wait alil for that. If you do get a boat, I suggest goin to the lake late in the evening on a week day to get use to backing it in, pulling it on and off the trailer and seeing how boats react in the water and how they operate as far as backing up and what not. Week nights are usually not crowded at all. Good luck in your searchings.

Thanks for the info. The Seadoo's looked to be great little boats for what they are. Just starting off I can't say I want to step into a Challenger 230 quite yet. I used to go up to London on Lake Choctaw alot when I was younger, but I was usually driving a prop boat. I've been searching Craigslist and got a good idea as to what I'm looking at for the most part. No dount on the trailer practice, it's been a minute since I've trailered anything.

Speaking of Jet Boats, maintanance wise, anymore or less than a prop boat? Is service time any cheaper? I know Sizzle Marine is about the only place I can think of that does Seadoo service.

My advice would be to get a common, mainstream boat. If you buy a big massed produced brand name (seadoo, yamaha, malibu, bayliner etc) there are many replacement parts and dealers available. Not only that but plenty of online support and walkthroughs out there too.

I know Sizzle Marine is about the only place I can think of that does Seadoo service.

Hopefully you can find somewhere other than Sizzle Marine. My experiences have been poor.

Examples of Sizzle Marine sucking:

1. Needed the carbs rebuilt/retuned on my waverunner. Their cost was slightly under $700. I did some research and completed the job for ~ $100 in parts and a few hours of work on a Sunday afternoon.

2. I was looking for bulk oil and calling local places. Sizzle priced yamalube at over $60 a gallon when I generally buy 2 stroke oil for ~15 a gallon.