Valuable Cops?

El Karacho1647545492

Yes, they do exist!!

As much 5-0 hate as this board spews, I feel the need to balance it out after what I saw yesterday. Driving south on 71 near Polaris, a cop was pulled in median-side shoulder, lights flashing and cones put out. He was helping a dude change his tire.

I have definitely said I don't see this at all in Columbus, so I'll eat my words and commend whatever officer it was that did that. And I'll also hope that he gets a job training other officers.

Flamesuit on.

Yes, they do exist!!

As much 5-0 hate as this board spews, I feel the need to balance it out after what I saw yesterday. Driving south on 71 near Polaris, a cop was pulled in median-side shoulder, lights flashing and cones put out. He was helping a dude change her tire.

I have definitely said I don't see this at all in Columbus, so I'll eat my words and commend whatever officer it was that did that. And I'll also hope that he gets a job training other officers.

Flamesuit on.

fixed. you should have pulled over and jacked that guys man card. what man cant change a tire on his own? i saw a guy pulled off to the side the other day with AAA there putting a spare on. really?

What?? No way in hell I'm changing my own fucking tire on I-71. That's why cars come with Roadside assistance. Unless I'm in some huge ass hurry for a reason associated with money or sex, fuck that....I'm calling roadside, staying clean and getting my money's worth. :o

fixed. you should have pulled over and jacked that guys man card. what man cant change a tire on his own? i saw a guy pulled off to the side the other day with AAA there putting a spare on. really?

What?? No way in hell I'm changing my own fucking tire on I-71. That's why cars come with Roadside assistance. Unless I'm in some huge ass hurry for a reason associated with money or sex, fuck that....I'm calling roadside, staying clean and getting my money's worth. :o

you're old. we'll let it slide :lol:

but really though, im not waiting for any amount of time for someone to come do something for me that will take me <10 minutes max on my own. by the time i get done doing it, they might be just leaving the gas station

I must drive a bunch, because I see LEO's helping people at least once a week on my way to or from work. :confused:

not a day goes by that i don't see someone pulled over on 71. there are plenty of days when i see flat tires. this was the first time i'd seen a cop doing anything about it.

but really though, im not waiting for any amount of time for someone to come do something for me that will take me <10 minutes max on my own. by the time i get done doing it, they might be just leaving the gas station

PM me your cell number. You're much more efficient than AAA. I hope never to need to call, but.... ;)

I had some good luck in that same area with CPD. My unlucky ass caught two flat tires (chrome wheels and tire bead busted) on I71 right before the 270 split near Polaris back in the Febuary of 2009. While I was waiting on Brandon's tow truck two CPD cops came by in the course of probably 20 minutes asking if everything was cool and if I needed help. It was probably the coldest night of the winter too.

I must drive a bunch, because I see LEO's helping people at least once a week on my way to or from work. :confused:

You drive through the suburbs where people care about each other. In Dublin I see it a lot. Once on the north side I saw a cop with a radar gun parked 30ft from a lady changing a flat tire... in the snow

If I was a cop I would help people as much as possible when it came to stuff like this, BUT I can understand not helping on the highway, its a huge risk to both the officers and drivers life to try and change a tire on the highway. Almost more so if the officer turns his lights on. Have you seen those videos online where they always get rear ended by someone mesmerized by the lights.

I would call AAA, fuck dying.

not only that if I were alone with my boys in the car I would call AAA as well. I don't need to worry about them getting into shit while I try to change a tire on a busy interstate.

Good example of someone protecting and serving. :)

Sounds like it was handled properly. Lights on to warn motorists to merge into the left lane and slow down, cones place, and probably parked a safe distance behind the vehicle and walked up.

Yes, all was done well...except that a guy didn't know how to change a tire. lol

If I was stranded on the side of 71, ESPECIALLY if I had kids, I'd do as you all said and try to call for assistance though. I wouldn't mind changing my own if an officer set up a nice little warning for other motorists. If they do even that I'd be thankful.

Good to see this thread countering the other about an officer not helping. Just proves that there are good and bad in every position.

Guest 614Streets

HAHA.