iOS4 is UP!

TTQ B4U

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what the deal is with my 3G, I have looked at the new feature videos and the only thing I am able to do is the folders. Going into the settings to do the background change I do not have the lock screen nor the home screen options. Also tapping on the home button twice does not launch the multi tasking feature. Am I missing something? I hooked it back up to iTunes to check the software version on it and it says I have 4.0 loaded, however I am not seeing any of the fetures apart from being able to drag apps into folders.

Most features will not work on the 3G. The wallpaper is one of them that will not work. The other is multi-taksing. Get a 3GS or a iPhone4. My wife is in the same boat as you until I give her, her surprise iPhone4 in july for her B-day.

What a waste then, sucks that a phone that I bought a year and a half back is no longer fully supported. Should have waited 6 months and bought a 3GS. Needless to say I am very dissapointed, was pretty excited about most of the new features and now see that they are not available. Oh well, guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy a the new 4 and use this one as a paper weight :lol:

Multitasking works great. Actually, iOS4 is faster on my 3Gs than the old OS 3.x

Here are a few screen shots starting with ZERO applications running then simultaneously running the following:

Pandora

iPod

System Activity Monitor (SAM)

Mail

Calender

PS Mobile

Camera

Photos

Ending with a shot after closing all the apps except SAM

The last screen shot shows CPU Usage after closing everything, which is what really sucks up battery power. Usage is near nothing.

So in conclusion, I'd say multitasking does hardly anything at all to suck up memory and nothing to suck up additional battery life by leaving the apps frozen in time.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/125821930/original.jpg

What a waste then, sucks that a phone that I bought a year and a half back is no longer fully supported.

Apple's way to get you to spend doe on a newer phone.

Oh well, guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy a the new 4 and use this one as a paper weight

LMAO!!! See...it worked out in their favor. You're the one stats are generated from. LOL

Apple's way to get you to spend doe on a newer phone.

Not sure what anyone expected. He bought a phone that was launch two years ago. Phone upgrades/new models are more common today than digital cameras...and they typically release every 18 mos but are now every 6-12 months.

Really, it's mo different than the other non AT&T carriers 1,234 Android options.

I keep getting error 3259! It will download all of the update and at the end it says something about network error and I should check my settings or try later.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=447&pictureid=4151

Edited by 1TrueSS

What a waste then, sucks that a phone that I bought a year and a half back is no longer fully supported. Should have waited 6 months and bought a 3GS. Needless to say I am very dissapointed, was pretty excited about most of the new features and now see that they are not available. Oh well, guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy a the new 4 and use this one as a paper weight :lol:

Dude, the 3g is now 2 generations behind. What do you expect? Look at Putty. He just bought a uber new state-of-the-art mega-Android 4g phone only to have 2 or more newer phones announced this week. If you bought your 3g 1.5 years ago you should qualify for the $199/$299 pricing. Or pick up the 32gb 3gs that's on sale here.

Actually searched a bit online last night and saw that there is a hack - http://www.everythingicafe.com/multitasking-for-iphone-3g-is-a-simple-hack/2010/04/11/

Anyone have some instructions on how to JB this thing? I will probably upgrade to a 4 later this year, however do not have $200 to do so now.

Downloaded and running great. I enjoy the fact that I can listen to Pandoar at work and still do other things on the phone at the same time.

One thing I don't like is my walpaper in the background of everything now, it's almost distracting.

Is there a way to get a black background back for when I'm sifting through my apps? without loosing my walpaper all together?

I keep getting error 3259! It will download all of the update and at the end it says something about network error and I should check my settings or try later.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=447&pictureid=4151

That's what happened to me. I updated my old PC at home to the newest iTunes and it restored just fine and was running on 4.0 - however since I hadn't been syncing to that PC since February I mas missing some stuff. Fortunately After the phone was working again I was able to sync my apps back from the main PC that had been failing on me prior.

Cliffs: Try DFU restore. If you can't get it to work (I couldn't), try DFU restore on another PC. Then sync your apps back from your primary PC after it's working again.

Edited by twistedfocus

Look at Putty. He just bought a uber new state-of-the-art mega-Android 4g phone only to have 2 or more newer phones announced this week.

Don't I have to approve being used as an example? Especially when it pertains to something i'm not happy about...lol.

Downloaded and running great. I enjoy the fact that I can listen to Pandoar at work and still do other things on the phone at the same time.

One thing I don't like is my walpaper in the background of everything now, it's almost distracting.

Is there a way to get a black background back for when I'm sifting through my apps? without loosing my walpaper all together?

your lock screen wallpaper and the backround when you're viewing apps can be controlled independently. As a default it'll use the lock screen wallpaper for both, you just need to change the home screen wallpaper.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the changes. I realize that they were mostly avaliable before by jailbreaking the phone, but I'm too lazy for that. I haven't had a chance to play around with multi-tasking much yet, but the folders helped clean things up a lot on my phone. The zoom on the camera is alright, but at least it's quicker than the app I had to do that before. Tap to focus on video is nice too.

WTF did you expect? You bought an apple product. Yeah, buy an iphone 4, Putty's "outdated" phone has more features to it.

...stinks like gay in here

Putty's "outdated" phone has more features to it.

There was nothing nice about that. Nothing at all **Shaking head**

I has feelingz

looks like my iphone4 gets delivered tomorrow before 10:30 AM

Ya, people are getting them

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/06/22/072648-10x0622oub23523axdc_500.jpg

"A day early delivery of the a larger number of the 600,000 pre-orders could help mitigate the traffic burden on Apple's and AT&T's activation services. "

WTF did you expect? You bought an apple product. Yeah, buy an iphone 4, Putty's "outdated" phone has more features to

Please list the features and benefits his Phone trumps apple with.

Then take those back to the entire android pools of manufactures and teach them how to sell those features and create a real value to it's user base/potential user base. Buy one get one free has been thier biggest push. Wow, selling on price. How dated and old school is that shit.

I can strap a high power motor on a Dodge Neon but guess what.....it's still a fucking Neon.