Weimaraner: Free to a good home

zeitgeist57

EDIT FOR MORE CONS (Just to be full disclosure)...

My wife and I have discussed finding a new home for our dog Blue. She's a super sweet, 11-year old Weimaraner that we've had since she was 4. There is nothing wrong with the dog, aside from the fact that she gets no love from us. My wife and I both work, and she has been great to our 2-year old daughter. However, if someone else wants the best house dog ever, I'd be willing to give her up.

PROS:

- Beautiful, smart older female Weimaraner

- Goes to bathroom in morning, eats, then manages on her own the entire day until we get home from work around 6pm or later.

- Very kid-friendly.

- Not aggressive at all (food, territory, etc).

- Loves to be outside.

- Loves to ride in cars.

- Loves to swim.

- Loves to play catch.

- LOW MAINTENANCE.

CONS:

- She's 11. Little slow to get up in the mornings, but still active.

- Sheds. I don't know what it is, but she leaves her eyelash-sized hair everywhere.

- If you leave food unattended (on a counter or coffee table) she will try to eat it.

- She likes her bed, but she may try to find a cushy chair or sofa to climb on. We've got such a chair that she favors, and other rooms we keep the doors shut when we're not home. if you don't want her on furniture, you'll need to block it off when your not home.

I'll keep her for the next 5 years or so until she leaves this planet. Honestly, she's great. BUT, with the amount of working/travelling we do I am quickly realizing that she may enjoy the last 5 years of her life with someone that would walk her and pet her more than we have over the last 2 years...

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=459&pictureid=3473

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=459&pictureid=3472

Edited by zeitgeist57

She's great with cats, though she will try to eat their food if it's left on the floor. If you feed your cats wet/dry food and they eat it in a sitting, she would do fine. When we visit my mother, Blue will quietly try to sneak a snack from her cat's open Tupperware container of dry food in the basement - unless we put it on the counter, or shut the door to the basement (where the cat stays most of the time.)

I will feel better knowing that there is a family giving her love. Heck, even if someone wanted a "trial run" for a week to see how Blue does with your family, just let me know.

I'm not trying to kill the sweet thing, just give her a slightly more loving home. :)