Is $95 too much for a battery?

AWW$HEEET

A lot of BMW batteries are uncommon sizes, so they tend to be pricey. But $95 for a good battery is normal.

Is this a year-round DD, or have a big stereo? If so, you're kinda stuck. If I could recommend a battery, Advance's Gold batteries have a 3 year free replacement and 7 year pro-rate warranty. If you lose your receipt we'll still honor the warranty from the date code on the battery.

If this is just a summer/fun car, you might want to look into a Lawn & Garden battery. I have one in the WRX. It's about a third of the weight, $30, and still has about 300CCA (mine tested to 376CCA). The posts are bolt-on, but they're small enough you can press regular ring terminals around them pretty securely. I have no problems starting the WRX now. Though I'll probably have issues in the winter.

My last battery I got was for an F-150 and it was pretty big....850CCA.

The best price i could find was a Sams club, they had it for $70 ish dollars and it was Energizer brand. So far so good!

Itd be for winter/summer DD. I coulda swore batteries were like $60 bucks max, maybe im just retarded.

Napa has $20 mail in rebate on Optima's. Anyone think they are worth the extra cash?

Even the Wal-Mart battery I got a couple months ago (I think it's called EverStart) was over $70.

I have no opinion on Optimas since I've never had one, but I've always had good luck with Interstate. DieHard and Exide used to be sweet, not sure about these days though.

i'll pay a bit more for a good battery. my motorcraft battery for my cobra was still going strong when i replaced it a few months ago after 6 years---i threw it in my '87 right before i sold it as that battery was worn out. it probably cost about $110.

Yeah battery prices keep going up. I just got one for my jeep at $95 and 6mo ago for my Tacoma for about the same. And I've never had a battery warranty that the shop didn't fight me over. Its BS

My last battery I got was for an F-150 and it was pretty big....850CCA.

The best price i could find was a Sams club, they had it for $70 ish dollars and it was Energizer brand. So far so good!

I know the OP has found a battery but I bought the giant battery the 300D takes at Sams club. Around $100 at parts stores, around $70 at Sams for an energizer. I bought the Fieros battery at Sams too at a pretty good discount.