Looking to adopt a dog

TTQ B4U

Well, the wife, kids and I talked and we're ready to add a puppy or very young dog to the family.

Not heart-set on any one type or breed yet as since we would like to adopt, we're trying to stay pretty open.

If you know of anyone with a puppy to very young dog that would be good with kids and another Boxer as a sibling, please PM or post back here.

In the mean time, we'll be reviewing the typical and basic places and what not in search of our next family member.

Thanks!

I received an email last week from someone at work who knows someone who has a young boxer who needs a home.

Here is some info from the email:

Lucky (can be changed)

Good health

Good with other dogs

Tail bobbed, Ears not done, White chest

Up to date on shots/vaccines

I can send you pictures and more info if you're interested.

I've had great success with CHA. We rescued from there a few years ago, and were really impressed that they took the time to make sure the animals they adopt out will be in a good environment for both the animal and the people adopting it. We adopted our current dog from there, and had gone back to adopt another, but upon living with us for a couple of weeks, the second (and much larger) dog decided she didn't like my young son, and started biting at him. We took her back, and told them what had happened. They took her, and apologized for placing her with us.

Thanks everyone. Several PM's sent from this thread. Also on the trails of tracking down a few Boxer mixes around various Human Society's and places. I'm open to traveling with 5 states or so if need be.