Getting ready for spring...

Artmageddon

After deciding to keep my current bike, I figured it was time to do some upgrades on the Shadow.

Here is what I'm doing:

New tires

New paint(thanks AttackPainter!)

Billski Taillight

New sprockets and chain(going from 42-38 rear)

New pegs and pedals

new bags

K & N Air Filter

Cobra Stage 1 kit(maybe, looking at the plugs I'm in pretty good shape,haven't got the carb yet.)

Overall tune-up and regular maintenance.

a few more misc. items

I want to thank Phop5, OOMp, and ReconRat for letting me pick their brains and answering lots of questions I had for them.

Before(this was the day I bought it):

Bike-b4.jpg

Current State:

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

I'm having fun!

I'll post the finished pics.

for cruzers i would strongly recomend Metz 880. Depending on your style of riding. but they have excellent ride. great wet traction. my dad was a true die hard hd dunlop fan. he got a flat and the only tire he could find was a metz for the rear and now he wouldn't buy another dunflop.

I just went with OEM Bridgestone tires. I've had really good luck with Bridgestone/ Firestone on all of my vehicles the past few years, so I figured I would stick with them.

This Shadow has some really hard to find tires, they are pretty much the only bike that uses the size. IP had the OEM's in stock, so I had them change them Saturday.

They were a little bit easier on the wallet then the Metz's too. :)

watch how much you put into this bike cause you will never get it out of it. i hope you plan on keeping it until it blows up.show pics of the progress, and what kind of paint are you going with

I don't ever expect to get out of it what I'm putting into it, but I'm really not doing anything terribly expensive. Tires are the most, and I would do that on any bike. Truthfully, since I'm putting all work into it, I plan on keeping it for quite a few years. If I do decide to get another bike, I'll keep it and teach the wife to ride.

I'm just going solid black with the paint, I have access to put what ever graphics I want on it at work, that way when I get bored, I can just change them.