This or That. Subaru v. Audi

cinergi

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand everything you are saying and I talked to the shop who built the WRX. It was done right. I've owned WRX's since 2003, so I asked all the right questions. Now while I cannot speak for how it was driven since the tune, I would trust it would not have been that much of an issue, it has less than 4K miles on it since the swap.

The tranny is far from stock, it's a PPG Helicut. From my knowledge of them, they'll hold 800 hp very, very well.

I stay away from a 100% STI because I like to keep my insurance costs down. It's an additional $50 a month anywhere I have checked.

More like 600whp but yes they are nasty as hell. A EJ255/7 block can easly hold 400awhp. It's not to to had to make it eather.

That S4 sounds solid. It has more money dumped into than the WRX is worth. k16/k04 hybrids on a solid tune is capable of 500whp if not more. I only have plain jane k04's and I made 452hp/475tq

S4 all the way. Not to mention the interior in the S4 is a million times nicer.

Well, just ask yourself if you want a econobox or a luxury car... Subarus are always going to be souped-up shitboxes. The Audi is a classy, elegant car that is blisteringly fast with very little work, very bulletproof, and yes...requires maintenance sometimes. Drive both, then you'll have your answer.

Also, which one of these cars can smoke a 280whp sti with 3 passengers, luggage, with the AC on, without breaking a sweat and still get decent gas mileage?

Pwned.

PS- how many times has Subaru won Le Mans? Really?

Edited by RyM3rC
more pwnage

Well, just ask yourself if you want a econobox or a luxury car... Subarus are always going to be souped-up shitboxes. The Audi is a classy, elegant car that is blisteringly fast with very little work, very bulletproof, and yes...requires maintenance sometimes. Drive both, then you'll have your answer.

Also, which one of these cars can smoke a 280whp sti with 3 passengers, luggage, with the AC on, without breaking a sweat and still get decent gas mileage?

Pwned.

PS- how many times has Subaru won Le Mans? Really?

Wow, fanboy much?

Tough call, while repair bills can be huge on the Audi you need to look at what you are going for. What I would be looking at is whether I wanted a Boy Racer car or something far more polished. An interior comparison alone should be enough to make the case. Audi FTW. Suby bills can be big too. Don't fool yourself in that arena. Get crazy with the tune, or something of the like your gonna spend bucks to fix it when it breaks no matter what. That being said. I say Audi. VAG is good.

Guest tbutera2112
the audi seems like a MUCH nicer car. but the subaru seems like it would be the safer of the two to buy....the mileage on the audi is what scares me, and the fact that it had a stock motor with 50k swapped into it...cars with stock motors from another car swapped in, scare me personally. atleast with the subi you know the engine is fresh and you know whats done to it, and its upgraded shit instead of stock that has already showed to not hold up well (hence the engine swap - atleast thats how it looks)

My EGT sensor just went bad in the S4, which puts the car into limp mode. New ones are only sold in pairs because its an updated design and Audi recommends replacing both...$500. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Not to mention its a pain in the balls to replace. I'd still rather have the S4.

the audi seems like a MUCH nicer car. but the subaru seems like it would be the safer of the two to buy....the mileage on the audi is what scares me, and the fact that it had a stock motor with 50k swapped into it...cars with stock motors from another car swapped in, scare me personally. atleast with the subi you know the engine is fresh and you know whats done to it, and its upgraded shit instead of stock that has already showed to not hold up well (hence the engine swap - atleast thats how it looks)

Your concerns would normally be founded, but in the s4 it's just an issue of the stock turbos dying on SOME cars (due to lack of maintenance usually) around 100k miles. The 'swap' uses factory parts, and doesn't make any changes that compromise the durability of the motor. Yes, your rs4-turbo 2.7 will go 200k miles and still not be "tired." This isn't a boosted b18jdm spec v, Audi actually designs their turbo motors to survive under boost. That's why they keep winning races. True story.

If your looking at audi's.

B7 A4 Avant. Nuff said.

http://www.audizine.com/images/featured/12_featured_image_1204652858.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/uploads/Features/111__scaled_600.jpg