Denied a Credit card . . . I LOL'ed

OGRE

My family is moving to western ohio. We currently get good rebates with a sunoco card here in c-bus but sunocos are non-existant out there. So i sign up for a marathon card.

To digress we zero out the card every month, my wife and I make decent money and have over 800 credit scores.

The letter from chase said they will not give me the card because they admit they will not make any money off me. LOL So, in order to get 5% off gas I have to pay them 20% a month on some balance on a credit card. My wife is going to apply for the same card. If we get a 2nd denial I guess we will have to go with a cash back card like discover . . .

If you're over 800, try for the PenFed card. 5% cash back at any gas station, 2% groceries and 1% everywhere else.

do you have to carry a balance to get the cash back? the only CC I own is a Chase Freedom card which I don't use EVER, but I have been thinking that maybe I need to find a CC to pay off every month that will work for me and give me rewards and cash back on things. (BTW I currently carry an 800+ beacon score, but that might change a little after we close on our construction loan in the next week or so.

If you're over 800, try for the PenFed card. 5% cash back at any gas station, 2% groceries and 1% everywhere else.

for real!? i have my car loan there and they seem like pretty nice people lol. i need to check this out

do you have to carry a balance to get the cash back? the only CC I own is a Chase Freedom card which I don't use EVER, but I have been thinking that maybe I need to find a CC to pay off every month that will work for me and give me rewards and cash back on things. (BTW I currently carry an 800+ beacon score, but that might change a little after we close on our construction loan in the next week or so.

American express... Don't leave home without it!

what kinda credit/income do you need for an Amex Black Card?

I worked at Trek Store of Cols a few yrs ago and ran one through the machine for a bike some guy was purchasing. I think the card is titanium coated in black coating. Shit barely fit through the swiper.

I worked at Trek Store of Cols a few yrs ago and ran one through the machine for a bike some guy was purchasing. I think the card is titanium coated in black coating. Shit barely fit through the swiper.

You probably have to be a amex customer already and meet certain monthly spending criteria. Say 20k a month. Idk what it really is. They don't want to give out black cards to people who won't use it even it you have a high credit score and income.

You probably have to be a amex customer already and meet certain monthly spending criteria. Say 20k a month. Idk what it really is. They don't want to give out black cards to people who won't use it even it you have a high credit score and income.

yep. i saw an article about it a few weeks ago saying you had to be a customer for so long, spend at least $250k/yr on it (about 21k/mo). there was a lot more to it, but that was the point that stuck out

People hate on 5/3 bank but I love their points they offer. My wife and I both have 2 debit cards each for each checking account and a credit card. We use our debit cards to pay for everything including our bills. In a years time I got $150 deposited into saving account. Pretty nice for just paying for stuff we normally would use cash for.

Applied, you have to keep $5 in a savings account. The rebates would be a big help once the wife quits work.

lol my dad has one and everyone asks if its real. That thing has got me so many sweet things hahaha

• 1 month later...

Thanks, #1 it's a pain in the ass to get this card, first applied july 13th and finally did all the stuff to make sure that i am who i say i am, ect. I got it today. Looking forward to saving some money :D

Thanks, #1 it's a pain in the ass to get this card, first applied july 13th and finally did all the stuff to make sure that i am who i say i am, ect. I got it today. Looking forward to saving some money :D

Good to hear. Yes, I meant to warn about it being a pain in the ass but you had already replied saying you applied when I read this thread again.

I applied for it myself a year ago. I was over 760 with no blemishes on my report and still got denied. It really is the best cash back card.