Won 9.0 lsx index race

koolrayz

LSX motor city rumble with Pritchard bro's ultimate street car shootout was in Milan yesterday.

I won the 9.0 index class, there were only three of us. it was the first time out this year other than 4 shakeout passes on 8psi at 42.

First pass off the trailer 15 psi of boost, ran a 9.17@157 with a really soft 60' 1.52. I was so close I put two more psi on the launch and ran a 9.04@157 with a 1.46 60'

the 60 was still pathetic but I didnt want to make any changes, trouble was I was out of Co2 for my boost controller. I made my last qualifing pass with no co2 and a 2# spring in the gate. It only made 12psi and ran a 9.24@150 and a 1.44 60'. found out the track had co2 so I was then back in business for the eliminations.

I was top qualifier so I had the buy in the first round, I ran it out anyway I really needed the seat time 9.014@157 1.46 60'

In the finals the vega tried to kill the tree, his car was slower and I had been having trouble on the tree between having not raced since last sept and the sportsman tree I redlight a couple times. Rock daddy red lit and I cut a .031 light with a 1.43 60' I saw he had red lit so I cruised through the traps.

Thanks again to brian mark and mike for all there help at the track and Shearer Fabrications, Kurt Urban, ERL, Weisco, AMS, Weldon and Rossler for the GREAT products

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/koolrayz/0710002026.jpg

any pics of the car laughning? im sure itll the front end is 10 feet in the air by now :p

congrats old man

I was launching so softly it was not lifting the tires at all. The logs show I was making the shift into high gear as the boost was peaking. Next week is door wars at norwalk. It is an 8.90 index. I will put a little more on the launch and ramp it in a little faster, It will be very easy to pick up the tenth I need for that race. That and the fact that we were racing in the blistering heat of the day and door wars is at night.

ray what are you doing to build boost on the line so you can cut a lite with pro tree.

u building boost on the foot brake and bumping in then wot when on the brake. how much boost are you able to build if so. i need to leave with 11-15lbs. more = better 60ft