Any home AC Repair people on here?

Rally Pat

I am about 85% sure the start capacitor for our unit is dead. Is there anyone on here that can replace it for cheap? The fan won't kick on, and its making a humming noise, which I hear is a sign of it being blown. I would do it myself, but I don't like to mess with high voltage things. Capacitors ain't no joke.

Pat, had the exact same thing happen to mine at the beginning of the season. It was STUPID EASY. Just make sure the power is off at the breaker, and alot of the outside units also have an external disconnect.

My dual run cap was actually expanded and bulging it was so brokedick... $75 later from a local store it was back up and running.

If you have doubts, use your multimeter to double check.

;)

Pat, had the exact same thing happen to mine at the beginning of the season. It was STUPID EASY. Just make sure the power is off at the breaker, and alot of the outside units also have an external disconnect.

My dual run cap was actually expanded and bulging it was so brokedick... $75 later from a local store it was back up and running.

If you have doubts, use your multimeter to double check.

;)

Mine has an external disconnect. Ok, there is a chance I may give it a go myself. Good thing my multimeter is still charged.