Built motor or new car.

Fubar231

Whats your opinions? Build the motor in my supra (Spun a rod bearing). Would go full forged internals (Probably Eagle Rods and JE/Wiseco Pistons since ive heard sketchy things about probe. But, would it be smarter to rebuilt a motor with forged internals then DD that everyday, or just get a new car?

Im pretty much just trying to find out if itll be ok to DD a built motor in the winter etc.

I will be machining the block and probably having Lasota do the work and build/blueprint/balance it.

What are your guy's input?

Yeah i know shanton has a built block by lasota, (Thats what partially gave me the idea for them), plus i think josh with the integra build had lasota do his block too. Not entirely sure.

So a built motor with forged internals wont have any problems driving in the winter and such?

I haven't had one thing go wrong since it's been done. How many problems have you had with the 7M?

How many miles difference on the motors? Not getting into the 2j / 7m reliability crap cause i know the 2j is better lol.

Why would it?

Not sure, dont know a whole lot about built motors and forged internals and how the react to heat and outside temps etc.

To make good power, a 7M shouldn't need all that. Rebuild the bottom end with stock parts. Just make sure that the head is bolted down using the updated torque specs.

Unless you are going for a bagillion HP, in that case, build the bottom end.

To make good power, a 7M shouldn't need all that. Rebuild the bottom end with stock parts. Just make sure that the head is bolted down using the updated torque specs.

Unless you are going for a bagillion HP, in that case, build the bottom end.

Debating on stock rods or aftermarket ones, but im putting in forged pistons. Also balancing / blueprinting the motor. New oil pump etc.

Yeah i know shanton has a built block by lasota, (Thats what partially gave me the idea for them), plus i think josh with the integra build had lasota do his block too. Not entirely sure.

So a built motor with forged internals wont have any problems driving in the winter and such?

I had Laskey Racing in Anaheim California build my bottom end...

Step 1. Buy a beater

2. If your going to build make a list

3. Decide what you wanna build (I.e, street car, drag car , auto x, multi purpose)

4. Make a budget....... then double it

5. Build on the best platform or your waisting your money

I did this, I went though wat your doing. If your going to build, make the upgrade, or get a new car esp. If your going to dd. If not you are going to fall into a pit and 2 yrs will go by as you kick yourself and ask why u didn't go abother route. Just my .02, buy another car buy beater, then build