Built motor or new car.

Fubar231

god I'm retarded

anyways I would lose the supra and get a newer car, but that's me.

Yeah i was thinking about getting a new car but i don't want to spend the money i do have and just keep having problems. I got a little over 5 to build the motor so.

My parts list is:

New oil pump

ARP Rod bolts

ARP Main studs

Clevite .010" bearings

Eagle rods

JE Pistons .020" over

clean up the crank from the spun bearing

balance and blueprint the motor

Thats what i was planning on using to put the bottom end together with, and i would have Lasota racing assemble, balance, and blueprint the motor.

Also, i already have a pretty much brand new head on the car (Just rebuilt and refreshed 2k miles ago)

ARP head studs

HKS Metal headgasket

and nearly every bolt on i could have

Not to mention ive nearly replaced everything else on the car

Suspension / Trans / Interior / Water Pump / Timing Belt / Radiator Etc.

Only thing still stock is the bottom end and rear end, everything else has been changed/replaced/upgraded.

Not sure what i want to do though...

Yeah i was thinking about getting a new car but i don't want to spend the money i do have and just keep having problems. I got a little over 5 to build the motor so.

My parts list is:

New oil pump

ARP Rod bolts

ARP Main studs

Clevite .010" bearings

Eagle rods

JE Pistons .020" over

clean up the crank from the spun bearing

balance and blueprint the motor

Thats what i was planning on using to put the bottom end together with, and i would have Lasota racing assemble, balance, and blueprint the motor.

Also, i already have a pretty much brand new head on the car (Just rebuilt and refreshed 2k miles ago)

ARP head studs

HKS Metal headgasket

and nearly every bolt on i could have

Not to mention ive nearly replaced everything else on the car

Suspension / Trans / Interior / Water Pump / Timing Belt / Radiator Etc.

Only thing still stock is the bottom end and rear end, everything else has been changed/replaced/upgraded.

Not sure what i want to do though...

sell supra take 5 grand buy a BETTER CAR then go from there... Or take 5 grand buy ls1 and trans like dover said and have fast supra again :)

sell supra take 5 grand buy a BETTER CAR then go from there... Or take 5 grand buy ls1 and trans like dover said and have fast supra again :)

who would want to buy a car with a engine with a spun rod? i got too much money to get fucked and get like 1-2 out of my car. and ls1 swap = more than 5grand.

who would want to buy a car with a engine with a spun rod? i got too much money to get fucked and get like 1-2 out of my car. and ls1 swap = more than 5grand.

people buy cars with bad motors all day long... or you can replace just the rod bearings clean up the crank dont replace the main bearings and sell the car... SHHHHHHHHHH I did not say that but you wont be able to sell it on here now that I said that....

And I dont see how a used ls1 and trans for around 3ish that gives you 2 grand or so give or take for the rest of the swap... plus if you sell your old engine that gives you more monies to work with :)

You could do a 5.3 and big turbo for under 5k. Don't believe me PM RUTANTA

Ur as dumb as I was. Jus buy a beater and do a 1 or 2 jz. Don't build a turd. Its a waste of money. Wanna bet that 2 yrs the car won't run the way u want and it'll be 5x more $ than u planned. New car old beater.

Howd the built 7m car run? You say the 1j was smoother yeah ill give it that, but do you know what crank you had? Also, was the 7m strong? What parts did you use?

The built 7m ran good, but when I compared it the 1J. I wish I wouldve put the money and effort from the 7m into the 1j and had power and money ahead. The crank I had was a 7m crank, not a 6m. I had eagle rods, and probe pistons 40 over for the block.

The built 7m ran good, but when I compared it the 1J. I wish I wouldve put the money and effort from the 7m into the 1j and had power and money ahead. The crank I had was a 7m crank, not a 6m. I had eagle rods, and probe pistons 40 over for the block.

Sorry a bit off-topic, How did you like the probe piston's? there price is quite attractive.