SCAM?

Main3s

I'm helping a friend find a new car/truck and was sent this CL ad. It seems off to me. KBB has the same truck listed for $10,000 in excellent condition. So I'm calling BS, but wasn't sure... What do you all think?

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my ad. I'm in a hurry to find a buyer because I have a family emergency and I need to sell it before July 30. My name is Julia. I'm an Air Force Technical Sergeant stationed at the Elmendorf AF Base, Anchorage, Alaska. The truck is here with me.

I'm the original owner. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident...I do have the title, clear, under my name.

This 2000 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5 has 85,544 miles (low miles for this year model), White with Beige interior, 4 Doors, Automatic, 4 Wheel Drive, 8 Cylinder Gasoline. Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Driver Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, Alloy Wheels, CD Player, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Windows, Power Steering, Tinted Glass, Tilt/Telescope Steering Wheel, Anti-Lock Brakes. Non-smoker.

Here you can find more pictures of the truck: http://s968.photobucket.com/home/tun-dra-photos/index

(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).

It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $2,995. If you want to buy this truck I will take care of shipping. Shipping will be door to door, to your home address and I will offer 5 days to inspect the truck from the moment you receive it, before I'll have your money. So if you need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tech. Sgt Julia Brundage

It's a scam and it makes me sick to think these mother fuckers are now degrading the military by trying to make people feel safe and sympathize with a military service member. Ask for there address so I can personally go there and beat the dog shit out of this person.

LOL, yeah my thoughts exactly. It's worded a bit differently then most scams. Especially since there was no talks of "payment through ebay" or money orders... And I 2nd the fact that they're using the military as a front of good faith; that's bull shit.

http://www.usafband.af.mil/ensembles/BandBio.asp?BandBioID=650

http://www.usafband.af.mil/shared/media/bio/Brundage,%20J.jpg

^^^ I love the Internets! :thumbup:

So many red flags...

But lets get real...

10000 truck...

Selling for 2995 - at least 1000 shipping... Come on...

If it sounds too good to be true...

:cool:

i've had people attempt to scam me all the time on craigslist. normally i can tell by there word usage. if its too good to be true then it probably is. like a twin turbo FD with mods for sale for $2460 on craigs. bs is right

Its legit, just send them whatever they ask for, and if your interested I have a new start up I am working on. All I need is $10k from you and then you find someone to pay me $10k also. We will make millions.

Really! Can you PM me the details!? ;)

lol you have to even ask about this?

it says right there on craigslist at the top of the page in huge letters

OFFERS TO SHIP CARS ARE 100% FRAUDULENT.

that means yes, its a scam.

CL rule number one is:

DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.

its a scam i know of several people that have found adds exactly like this one. Hell a guy i worked with found an f250 on craigslist for a hell a of deal. He asked me if it was legit. It sounded like it at first ( add was exactly like this, but i had not heard about it before). Then he showed me a pic of the truck and it ended up being the truck that another friend of mine had just bought 2 days prior from a dealership in colorado lol.