Medical experts help needed please

russian rocket

long story short, i stepped off the back of my truck and felt pain in my left knee, went to my doc., she had xrays done, they found a lesion, she sent me to an ortho. he had mri's done. he concluded that the pain i felt was simple tendinitis. and the lesion bi nine.

i figured it always helps to have more than one person look at it to maybe see what someone may have over looked. so i am having a personal friend of the family (hes a doc) look at it and if anyone on here is a doc or an ortho see if they see something else.

thanks for any help

images from my mri

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/car/img001.jpg

Meh, it would be hard to tell what was going on without having the entire study, which would mean getting a CD and loading it onto my scanner. Cant tell but those may be GE images and I work on a siemens scanner. Not to mention I am not a Radiologist. I just look at a lot of knees. If you want another opinion you could hit a different hospital. We have a great Ortho Center here at OSU

Meh, it would be hard to tell what was going on without having the entire study, which would mean getting a CD and loading it onto my scanner. Cant tell but those may be GE images and I work on a siemens scanner. Not to mention I am not a Radiologist. I just look at a lot of knees. If you want another opinion you could hit a different hospital. We have a great Ortho Center here at OSU

Not to take away from the subject or the topic, but i am sending you a pm. Since OSU has a good Ortho unit, I have some questions, and need some answers.

difficult to tell from the images, but its likely a benign bone island, or a bone cyst. my advice is always to see an orthopedic surgeon who can look at all the studies--the xrays, and complete mri. it is an incidental finding--meaning its completely unrelated to your recent injury. dr. joel mayerson at OSU is an orthopedic oncologist---he looks at bone lesions for a living. make an appointment with him as he is the absolute authority in the field. i take care of knee pain/injuries/arthritis for a living and if you walked into my office i'd refer you to someone like dr. mayerson.

difficult to tell from the images, but its likely a benign bone island, or a bone cyst. my advice is always to see an orthopedic surgeon who can look at all the studies--the xrays, and complete mri. it is an incidental finding--meaning its completely unrelated to your recent injury. dr. joel mayerson at OSU is an orthopedic oncologist---he looks at bone lesions for a living. make an appointment with him as he is the absolute authority in the field. i take care of knee pain/injuries/arthritis for a living and if you walked into my office i'd refer you to someone like dr. mayerson.

ok thanks for your help. my ortho told me there was nothing really there to worry about but wants to take images again in 6 months to see if it has grown or not. i was just seeing if anyone else saw something that maybe he didnt. they injected me with a contrast and he told me that the lesion did not change with the contrast which made him determine it was bi nine

ok thanks for your help. my ortho told me there was nothing really there to worry about but wants to take images again in 6 months to see if it has grown or not. i was just seeing if anyone else saw something that maybe he didnt. they injected me with a contrast and he told me that the lesion did not change with the contrast which made him determine it was bi nine

don't take a chance. unless your orthopod sees bone lesions on a daily basis, i would not accept that answer. like i said, it looks fine to me, but if you want reassurance, there can be no one better within 4 hours than dr. mayerson for treating a bone tumor---even if all he does is say its normal, which is likely what will happen

Just go to a Chiropractor ;)

Then go where Kirk said...The possibility of Ostesarcoma or other type of neoplasm is nothing to mess with. I am all for conservative treatment, but orthopedic oncology is where I would be. Better to treat neoplasm (if that is what it really is) early than wait until it is too late. A few month period of time waiting can change an outcome for the worse.

FYI bone tumors are not like prostate cancer. Most bone neoplasm is rapid in growth and has a high probability of metastasis.

Then go where Kirk said...The possibility of Ostesarcoma or other type of neoplasm is nothing to mess with. I am all for conservative treatment, but orthopedic oncology is where I would be. Better to treat neoplasm (if that is what it really is) early than wait until it is too late. A few month period of time waiting can change an outcome for the worse.

FYI bone tumors are not like prostate cancer. Most bone neoplasm is rapid in growth and has a high probability of metastasis.

Mine was a joke though ;). I was referring to v8killer and Kirk arguing on who was a real doctor :D.