Phil's Last episode on Deadliest Catch tonight

Buck531

It is going to be very hard for me to watch tonight having followed the series since it began. It is hard just to watch the commercials leading up to it.

watched it since it first started as well, even though we know what this episode this episode it will still be hard to watch . RIP Phil

I think they oversold this weeks 2hr special with the after the catch show. I understand the production costs of this show is far less than the actual show, but it is just horrible. I assume next weeks show will be another 2hr special which includes the after the catch episode.

This hits close to home because I lost a good friend of mine named Larry this past friday due to a massive stroke and his own complications. He was only 47, they both seem way too young to be going out like that.

This hits close to home because I lost a good friend of mine named Larry this past friday due to a massive stroke and his own complications. He was only 47, they both seem way too young to be going out like that.

I watch the show and it was a somber episode. However Phil knew it was coming, he lived a very difficult life style, and made a lot of bad (health) choices in his own words.

Still RIP

Regards

I felt worse for his youngest son, as I believe he left for rehab in the mindset his dad was going to be going into physical therapy -- as the doctor had made it sound he was doing far better than just "okay".

Is one of them taking over as captain of the boat?

I felt worse for his youngest son, as I believe he left for rehab in the mindset his dad was going to be going into physical therapy -- as the doctor had made it sound he was doing far better than just "okay".

Is one of them taking over as captain of the boat?

According to thier blog, the boys are doing the behind the scenes stuff right now. There is a "Captain", but they arent ready to take over. They are trying to raise money to buy out the rest of the boat though.

Those boys are something else. The younger seems very very immature. Its amazing to see how Phil let himself go over just the past few years. He looks like an entirely different person from the 08 season.

He hardly let himself go, he was trying to get healthy, by quitting smoking (according to the boys, 9packs a day to 1 pack a day, and changing his eating habits). The blood clot he had the last year was a wake up call for him. He had lost a ton of weight, too.

He hardly let himself go, he was trying to get healthy, by quitting smoking (according to the boys, 9packs a day to 1 pack a day, and changing his eating habits). The blood clot he had the last year was a wake up call for him. He had lost a ton of weight, too.

yeah, first season Phil was HUGE comparatively