Delaware Wildlife Area shooting range ?'s

unfunnyryan

What is required to go there? It looks like you can get a annual range permit for $24 (and they say it is available at walmart on bethel) and thats all I can find?

Are there any other cost? I imagine there is gear requirements like ear/eye protection. Also, what times are they open? This information isn't being too easily found.

Thanks.

I shot there a lot, $24 for the year which is awesome price $5 for the day its wed-sun from like sun up till 4:30.

shotgun trap range is free if all you want to do is shoot shotgun and throw trap, pistol range, rifle range out to either 100, or 150 yards (I forget)

nothings really required besides ear and eye protection.

Great place to shoot iv been shooting there for years, if you ever want to go PM ill be glad to go out.

that or a realtor sign.

The ranger that was there last time we went up complained about our realtor sign. said the flat bars cause deflections or something like that.

Oh, and my realtor sign has some pretty big dents from my shotgun.

Wooden stakes are okay, but the berm area is stony ground...take a hammer to pound the stakes in with. You are only allowed to use bullseye or sighter targets, no silhouettes or human shaped targets, photos of politicians are RIGHT OUT...

I like Deer Creek better, less crowded and the RO is a good guy. Bit of a drive though.

Wooden stakes are okay, but the berm area is stony ground...take a hammer to pound the stakes in with. You are only allowed to use bullseye or sighter targets, no silhouettes or human shaped targets, photos of politicians are RIGHT OUT...

I like Deer Creek better, less crowded and the RO is a good guy. Bit of a drive though.

Is Ray still the RO there? It has been a few years since I was out there. The guy runs a tight ship but he's a good dude.

He's still there. And you still better stay off the grass between his pathways...he was lecturing some punk for bump-firing the last time I was there, and the kid decided to stomp his way across the lawn back to his car...whoops...

I like the way he runs the range too...I think he really likes the job, and it shows.

Yeah. Some people I know call him Sgt. Slaughter, but I'd guess he's an ex-military guy that doesn't put up with shit. Especially the WT ghetto bro's coming out on the weekends in their wife-beaters to shoot their hi-points sideways and shit. I've seen a few start to mouth off and it didn't last. He has no problem calling out armed people when they need a stern talking to. I don't get the feeling they'd want to push him to draw that Wilson .45 anytime soon (or whatever he may be carrying these days)... he shoots from a draw pretty damn impressively.

I've made PVC stands before, and they work well. But...if any of the tubing sections takes a hit, it'll shatter about half the time. The fittings almost always do. The metal realtor signs usually just have a hole, or a dent. Pound it out with a hammer, or weld it closed if it's bad enough.

Never seen Deer Creek open, same at the other public ranges in terms of hours? I'm always down there later in the evening I guess...

I need something past a hundred yards while Big Darby is out of commission...