full-body scanners in CMH

04silvrz

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fail times infinity. If you don't mind some stranger seeing you nude, your wife/girlfriend nude, your little kids nude, then something is wrong with you.

How about walking into a shopping mall, should we be scanned before entering? Or going inside a movie theater? Or how about even your workplace? Nobody is FORCING you to work are they? Trying to pick apart the constitution on technicalities is destroying this country and our freedoms. I say we throw the scanners into Boston harbor.

How about using more relevant comparisons? You can't compare the security needed at airports and stadiums to that needed at movie theathers, malls, and workplaces.

In workplaces/malls, they have complex security systems that monitor pretty much everything at all times of day, as well as security staff and occasionally police, even at movie theaters. The resources needed to secure those places are much less than those required to maintain order in an airport or stadium, where you have large numbers of people attempting to reach a small area at the same time.

The funniest part of all this is that "security experts" can't agree that the full body scanners will actually stop people from bringing weapons or dangerous substances on board the aircraft. They can't show that it would detect anything rubber banded up under your junk. Even I once went on a business trip with a razor knife unintentionally in my carry-on and I made it all the way home before I realized. I never got stopped even though my bag was screened twice at different airports. So do you still feel safer?

I, for one, don't plan to submit to this kind of search. I will refuse every time, no matter how often I travel or inconvenient it is. I DO feel that it breaches my rights and I DON'T feel that it makes us any safer, that's how I interpret my rights as a citizen. Besides, every time I see a TSA line fucking up the airport I think, "Damn, these idiots don't know a thing about operations and process design. No wonder they're slow and shit still gets by them, even with a million 'agents' standing around." But at least these poor suckers have jobs to go to every day, you can't argue with that.

I don't have any complaints, aside from the inefficiency. I can still refuse the body scanner. But if all else fails I'm gonna cover my junk in foil, just to piss them off.

I just flew out of CMH last Monday. It was a painless, and if anything pleasant experience. And since our flight was delayed 6 hours, several members of my party *cough* smokers *cough* were pretty much on a first name basis with the TSA peeps by the time we left.

In workplaces/malls, they have complex security systems that monitor pretty much everything at all times of day, as well as security staff and occasionally police, even at movie theaters.

Are you kidding? Yeah, because at airports they don't have a dedicated transport security administration, as well as patrolling policemen, cameras everywhere, etc. I'd say that's a little more complex than my workplace, or any mall for that matter. I'm seriously disappointed with your willingness to sacrifice freedom for an extra controversial sliver of security. Anyone who can't see this is total BS needs to open their eyes and wake up.