Need complete brake work done..

V8 Beast

Guest Whine
bad thing about turning a rotor is, it warped from heat with the metal it had. now your gonna cut more off and make them thinner. they are gonna warp faster this time. seen it many times. buy new ones, they are cheap now days. plus every time i have took a set to get turned at a local parts store they get screwed up even worse. they have no clue how to properly cut a rotor.

Guest Whine
Rotors don't bend from getting too hot.

A warped rotor is deposits of pad material fused to the rotor creating a "warped" sensation. The pads are at fault, not the rotors.

ok, 25 yrs of working on cars and im still learning. i dont every remember that being on any of my 3 ase brake tests.

Speaking of this, my dad and I just did this, and more, on my GTI.

OEM Rotors from dealer F+R

Hawk HPS pads F+R

Goodridge SS lines F+R

Tyrol Sport caliper bushings F

ATE Super Blue Dot 4 fluid

Also used a Motive power bleeder and a caliper compression tool.

Took us being careful a total of 7 hours to do this. First time on this car, and first time doing ss lines, fluid and using the power bleeder. Went smoothly, just a long job, with a few snags.

Drives fantastic!!!!

Let me know if you need any help.

bad thing about turning a rotor is, it warped from heat with the metal it had. now your gonna cut more off and make them thinner. they are gonna warp faster this time. seen it many times. buy new ones, they are cheap now days. plus every time i have took a set to get turned at a local parts store they get screwed up even worse. they have no clue how to properly cut a rotor.

easy killer most parts stores can't turn rotors (MY) parts store is ok to deal with..

and an easy cleanup pass .02-.07 or so isn't much and makes it easier to bed the pads

Guest Whine
easy killer most parts stores can't turn rotors (MY) parts store is ok to deal with..

and an easy cleanup pass .02-.07 or so isn't much and makes it easier to bed the pads

i agree, this is the real reason for turning rotors. the pads need a new surface to mate too. i also agree MOST auto parts people dont know shit, not all, some are real good.

A warped rotor is deposits of pad material fused to the rotor creating a "warped" sensation. The pads are at fault, not the rotors.

You're pretty wrong here, man.

I'm not saying bad pads can't cause a lot of problems. But, rotors do indeed, warp from heat.

:lol: WRONG! yes pad material can cause issues, but heat is the biggest problem for causing a warped rotor

yeah..wrong there.. put a rotor with a shimmy on a brake lathe.. make 1 cut, then laugh when the lathe doesn't even touch 1/3 of the rotor.. and it take 2 or 3 cuts to even get a flat surface

Like stated I asked for a full brake job including a parking brake inspection/repair if needed. Considering the entire braking system will be apart I figured brake pads would be an easy why the hell not. The rears were put in 2 months ago but I'm going back to my hawk pads. I've made countless passes on the brembos over 6 years so I want to resurface them at the same time I do the pad change. When I replaced the wheel studs I noticed that they could use some work. I need someone that can do it all...