Inception

HotCarl

Saw the 10pm showing at the Rave at polaris tonight. Im no movie critic but this was by far the best movie of the year hands. It was a bit long and sometimes confusing but everything about the movie is great. The cinemetography, the music, the actors all of it. Probably the best movie ive seen in a very long time too. I know people wont agree with me and alot of people will say "it was long, stupid and made my head hurt .... and the ending sucks" but those people are just wrong, and horribly mistaken, no really.

If you have a chance go see it.

Note: i thought someone else made a thread about it but i didnt see anything when i searched. if there is, oh well.

I saw the 8:40 showing and I can't even begin to explain how much it makes you think about stuff after you walk out of that movie... makes you wonder if you're in reality, or not.

Amazing is the least I can say.

I saw it and thought it was too much going the fuk on. His story, the execs story, 4 layers of dreams, each layer something else going on. Way too much to follow. It was interesting though. Leo is my fav actor and I must say I won't be renting or buying this one.

that movie was camping...IN-TENTS!

Loved the movie, my wife was a bit less enthused, so it's not for everyone. I've loved just about every movie that Christopher Nolan has done though so that could make me biased.

Absolutely great' date=' the best way to see that movie is to just not question anything going on. If you just sit back and absorb everything it really gets to you. Not to mention Ellen Page just gets sexier every time she makes a film.[/quote']

abso-fucking-lutly. I always thought she looked a bit young but she was really attractive in this movie. As for sitting in the movie and absorbing everything, your def right. you cant go into it thinking your gonna "figure" it out or anticipate whats gonna happen.

Crazy ending too, no spoilers though.

I read it was the matrix without Keanu Reeves.

When my friend told me to go see it I looked up the plot on IMDB..

In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a single idea within one's mind can be the most dangerous weapon or the most valuable asset.

I told her it was the matrix.

Absolutely great' date=' the best way to see that movie is to just not question anything going on. [/quote']

That would be because no one would have an answer as to what the hell is going on.

That would be because no one would have an answer as to what the hell is going on.

Everyone I was with seemed to be able to follow it pretty well. Maybe you should see it again, I know I probably will because no matter how well you think you understand a movie you always miss little parts that make a difference.

Good, I'm not alone.

I'll be seeing it again sometime this week to make sure I got everything that was going on. Can't beat the 5 dollar student tickets at Gateway theater. At least in the summer most of the asshole moviegoers are out of town.

I'll be seeing it again sometime this week to make sure I got everything that was going on. Can't beat the 5 dollar student tickets at Gateway theater. At least in the summer most of the asshole moviegoers are out of town.

Very much like Memento, I'm not sure if you can (outside of Nolan spilling the beans, which he won't), even with multiple viewings, know everything for sure.

HIGHLIGHT FOR MAJOR SPOILERS.

Is he still dreaming? Then why are his kids wearing the same clothes in the end? Was he in a dream all along? Is Mal alive ? Why did he let so many people become familiar with his totem ? Wasn't it actually Mals totem anyway, and can he even trust it?

So many questions, damn you Nolan, you've done it again.

Edited by sol740

Im glad i saw this move, but can we PLEASE put spoiler alerts in the title of this thread?

Personally i think saying anything specific about the story line would be spoiling it so i didnt say any specific's. Hell i read the dispatch and they practically told the whole storyline, i hate that. Dispatch also said they had a hard time emotionally connecting to cobb b/c they were too busy trying to follow the story. I dissagree with that, at the end you wanted to see him "do well" and "succeed" (again, not getting too specific). Always want to see the hero win in the end.

HIGHLIGHT FOR MAJOR SPOILERS.

So many questions, damn you Nolan, you've done it again.

My reply needs highlighted too

When everyone was coming back up, they got a kick at every dream layer, so they were aware of each layer. Cobb didn't get a kick through any of the layers. I think he's in limbo, and doesn't much care since he's found some place to be happy. Of course, its possible that the entire movie was him in limbo. Either way, he never made it back.