Well... It's Over.

Main3s

Note: This thread is about me breaking up with my G/F. So if you want to read and reply respectfully feel free. If not, please don't insult me with sarcastic comments.

I just broke up with my girl friend of 7 1/2 years over the weekend. I'm not bitter with her it's just that I'm 25 and shes 32. We've kind of grown apart (or at least I have). I met her when I was in High School and we've lived together for 6 years. Honestly she has been a huge part of my adult life and I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for her. But I realize that as I continue to grow as a person that we're just too different. I can't drag it out any longer and lead her to believe that there is going to be a bright and happy future for the 2 of us, because honestly I don't feel there is one. So as much as it pains me to do it, I had to call it quits. The worst part is the fact that I still care about her, just not as a G/F, fiance or wife. I could either hurt her now and be honest or destroy her later when she's 37 and we have more invested and I'm just bitter. We're going to sit down tonight and go over the details like who gets what, how we should divide up the bills etc. Ive never gone through this kind of thing before so I'm kind of scared. For the first time as an adult I'll be all on my own. And while there are things that I'm really nervous about, I'm actually looking forward to it. I know there are people who have been in and out of relationships, and it's not that big of a deal to them. But there are also people like myself that have always been a 1 girl kind of guy. So for me personally it was a big decision, Ive been really happy at points then really low at points, but the decision is for the best...

I guess the whole point of this thread is kind of a "Brotherly Support" kind of deal. I know there are guys on here who have been through the same and I know it's gonna get worse before it gets better so knowing that people I know (well sort of know) have done it and come out better would probably help me through the bad. That and just getting it out there makes it a little more real and forces me to stand by my decision... That's pretty much it...

Me and my girl of 5 years broke up a year ago... really sucked at first. But I made new friendships and some great friends (Sad to say all of this site lol) But how do i feel a year later... I miss her, the comfort from being in a relationship, the person to go home to and look forward to seeing... but now I am the same person with out that.. realized that having a girl is no the main thing in my life or the main focus point for me anymore. Good luck man! You sound like your doing this for the right reasons and good on you!

Some advice, if she knows any passwords/pin numbers/any other important information of your go ahead and change them now. A girl who has just been dumped can do some crazy things.

yes.

The girl i was with since high school 6yrs did some fucked up shit like this. Cancel every card you have and get a new one no matter if there are any charges right away or not.

But good luck. Shits tough. But its gets better then you wonder (if you guys fought like we did) why did you leave earlier!

Some advice, if she knows any passwords/pin numbers/any other important information of your go ahead and change them now. A girl who has just been dumped can do some crazy things.

This is good advice.

You may think she wouldnt... but I still would just to be safe man.

Just make sure its all out on the table. I can tell you there is nothing worse than having no closure.... For both you and her. (like if shes got questions try and answer)

I probably wouldn't sincerely hate my ex if she would have simply taken the time to talk a bit.... but what happens will happen, and you just have to move on.

I regret spending most of my college life on said relationship (though I dont regret all i've learned from it), and afterwards I can tell you the best medicine is to just enjoy some single life, surround yourself with friends and have some fun.

I don't mean this disrespectfully, and I don't know you, but this seems like a big change from the Columbus Scenery thread.

Yeah, I wanted to do something nice/ romantic to see if I still felt anything in that way. you know as years past you stop doing the silly romantic stuff that make you really love a person. Sad to say but after our little night out I still didn't feel anything... Hell, I fell asleep on the couch that night because she had her "routine" and I just wasn't in the mood.

I think the best part for me of coming out of a long term relationship was going back to having an "open schedule". I don't have to plan things around anyone but myself and that was extremely relieving. I was able to get back to all the hobbies I gave up (ex: music) without having to entertain the girlfriend while she was over/living at my apartment.

After some time being single, I was able to truly prioritize everything in my life and I'm much happier where I'm at right now. There are a lot of things I want to get going in my life before I think about starting another relationship.

You will get through it. Its gonna be tough but hang out with your friends do crazy shit like run with the PRK we'll def get your mind off of it. The thing i found hard is when your not doing anything at all. you drown yourself in the memories of what was. So seriously man get out and hang with your friends and family there the best in the situation. Oh and maybe getting some strange may work but make sure its just strange and nothing more, you dont wanna become the asshole girls hate lol

You will get through it. Its gonna be tough but hang out with your friends do crazy shit like run with the PRK we'll def get your mind off of it. The thing i found hard is when your not doing anything at all. you drown yourself in the memories of what was. So seriously man get out and hang with your friends and family there the best in the situation. Oh and maybe getting some strange may work but make sure its just strange and nothing more, you dont wanna become the asshole girls hate lol

Do the prk ralley to put in bay an party

just be glad there isnt a kid involved (at least you didnt mention it).

I still have to see this cunt because shes the mother of my son.

did she ever find her ring or whatever?

Do the prk ralley to put in bay an party

+1. paul said you can share a bed w him. paul book our hotel room at the laquinta

We can do a repeat of Zac's birthday but I will DD and there will be no destroyed sweepers :)

If you do want to go out let me know I am done with class the first weekend of August and might be putting something together for stress relief :)