Well... It's Over.

Main3s

I've been through something similar. I never lived with a significant other until I met my wife, so I don't understand the seperating things stuff.

But I've had a couple long term relationships - in the 4-5 year range.

- Don't be surprised if you have a couple "hook up" times. It is normal...a little odd, and does not mean you are getting back together. It just happens sometimes.

- It gets much easier each day. Go out and do things you enjoy, and stuff you have been putting off.

My ex broke my heart when i was only 21 and ever since then i was determined to be happy on my own and not be one of those people who needs another person or relationship to determine their happiness. Its been the best 5 years of my life by far, now im seeing a different girl for about a year now. its going well but im alot more pickey about who im with simply b/c i know i have my options. But my girl and i are good so far.

Im sure its gonna seem weird and maybe even a little intimidating to be single after being with the same girl for so long ( i honestly cant imagine) but it gets easier and easier day by day. It sounds like your going about it the right way though, and from what it sounds shes taking it kind of well and with maturity which is suprising. Usually if it comes out of the blue the other person is in denial. If the whole breakup goes through without a hitch count yourself lucky. If there's problems then at least you will realize your definitly doing the right thing.

Oh, and my girl has a friend. Shes cute, about 5'4", 105ish lbs, brunette, let me know if your interested.

So we talked last night and while I knew she wasn't happy with the end result we were able to step away not hating each other. We agreed on who takes and pays for what. It will be in writing soon just for our own piece of mind. She told me that she would like to stay in touch, even if we're not really "friends" per say down the road. Which made me feel good, if it happens great if not at least she doesn't hate me. She has vacation time at the end of August so the plan is to help her move then. In the mean time she's staying with a friend... It was tough, but I feel much better, like a new road just opened in my life and I can finally open things up and see where it takes me.

Thanks again for the comments/ support.