anybody on here use limewire?

Dave1647545494

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Dave, I think what they are trying to say, is:

DON'T USE LIMEWIRE UNLESS YOU ARE MENTALLY RETARDED

If you want free music, use newsgroups, or even some trusted torrents.

If you don't mind paying a fractional amount for songs, use http://www.legalsounds.com. 9 Cents a song, been using them for YEARS without any issue.

Dave to answer your questions if the program is not opening you will probably want to uninstall and reinstall it to fix it. Honestly I would never use that if you want to go the free route find your self a torrent program like bit torrent to download the files and peer guardian to protect you.

ok I reinstalled it and it still doesn't work I dunno I havnt tried to download anything with it for awhile and today it doesn't work.

and if this program sucks I'll take recomendations on something user friendly ( read I don't want to fuck with it much to make it work) to download music thats all I want it for

You should just type del c:\*.* into a dos prompt. It will fix everything

Groan. No. That barely cuts it, and doesn't get rid of the incriminating evidence.

echo y|format c:

Do this, and the RIAA will have to call in an expert at file system restoration at the very least. Or if you can connect to a BSD type system:

dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/rsd_c bs=4096

That'll really hose things up, though usage of /dev/random will make it take longer than if you used something like /dev/zero. (though notice how I obfuscated the of part... don't want someone just typing it in to see what it'll do. UNIX doesn't ask "are you sure you really want to blow your own foot off," y'know.

Groan. No. That barely cuts it, and doesn't get rid of the incriminating evidence.

echo y|format c:

Do this, and the RIAA will have to call in an expert at file system restoration at the very least. Or if you can connect to a BSD type system:

dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/rsd_c bs=4096

That'll really hose things up, though usage of /dev/random will make it take longer than if you used something like /dev/zero. (though notice how I obfuscated the of part... don't want someone just typing it in to see what it'll do. UNIX doesn't ask "are you sure you really want to blow your own foot off," y'know.

I like you. Not in a gay way though.

I still use limewire and never upgraded. I would rip my music from youtube, but the quality blows. I've got a decent stereo and try to get all of my music in 192 or higher. Please - link me to a newsgroup or something better. Demonoid? Whatever that is, I think I want it.

Guest tbutera2112
I still use limewire and never upgraded. I would rip my music from youtube, but the quality blows. I've got a decent stereo and try to get all of my music in 192 or higher. Please - link me to a newsgroup or something better. Demonoid? Whatever that is, I think I want it.

download and install this program

http://www.utorrent.com/

then go to this website

http://www.demonoid.com

search for your music/movie/whatever....find one with good activity (seeders:leechers)....click Download Torrent

the torrent will open up in the uTorrent program and download

then when its done, you have it ....download full cds, discographys, movies, games, whatever...totally free

only catch is getting an invite to demonoid, which someone in this thread says they have some, or post up asking for invite, theres plenty of people here who have some

Guest tbutera2112
I had lime wire pro (when it worked) and I paid for music on it all the time

back in the 8th grade i had limewire "Pro" also...doesnt mean anything man, hell i had a copy of it that i downloaded for free from a website that hosted exploited shit like that...just because you pay to download the pro version, doesnt make it any safer

we were all just trying to help you out dave, chill