Victim 1 Robber 0

HAOLE

That is the chance you take being a crook.

Victim kills robber on North Side, police say

Sunday, July 25, 2010 10:58 AM

Columbus police are investigating the fatal shooting of a man on the North Side early this morning.

Shawn Mitchell, 23, was found shot in a parking lot at the rear of 6121 Zumstein Dr. He died at the scene.

Police said Mitchell was trying to rob a person in a parked car and was shot by that person. Police would not name the shooter but said evidence in the case would be given to a grand jury.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call detectives at 614-645-4730.

Case being presented to the grand jury, at any rate. The shooting took place inside a car parked behind a store in a hinky area...probably more to it than the article has down.

That is what I thought

Case being presented to the grand jury, at any rate. The shooting took place inside a car parked behind a store in a hinky area...probably more to it than the article has down.

Technically it said the robber was trying to rob a person in a parked car, now whether or not both people were in the car means alot. if the robber was in the car then the shooter obviously knew them, or maybe it was a prostitution situation. Either way the statement is pretty vague.

Technically it said the robber was trying to rob a person in a parked car, now whether or not both people were in the car means alot. if the robber was in the car then the shooter obviously knew them, or maybe it was a prostitution situation. Either way the statement is pretty vague.

That or more likely drugs. But yeah that area did use to be really nice my cousins have always lived up there and then I moved about a mile east of that exact location thinking it was a decent area but its gone downhill. Doesn't look the worst but its definitly not 'safe'.

And now the person being robbed will be charged with murder...

yes, its murder unless they can prove their life was seriously threatened and deadly force was necessary.

but seriously, that guy got whats was coming to him.

On the newscast they showed the car. The driver's window was shot out. It appeared as if the window was up and shots were fired through it leaving just shattered glass in the frame. They also said cops were close enough to hear the shots.

Was also told there was a fight inside and bunch of other stuff that happened. Why is Columbus Police and the Dispatch so clueless? Same thing happened when I guy got killed down the road from me. People at Speedway knew what happened ten minutes after it happened, but police and Dispatch didnt know anything for a week.

On a side not that whole 161 is becoming shit. I have heard multiple gun fires etc when I was dumb enough to be in the area.