Am i screwed?

Hahn

So i just got my 93 mazda mx6 back last month after having a motor swap done, then just this past sunday during the thunderstorms i was driving down broad st and ended up driving through a puddle that had backed up and flooded half of broad st. I was going about 35 hit the water which stopped the car dead in its tracks and shut off. I got out after multiple attempts of trying to start the car with no sucess, and pushed my car out of the water. The water was about up to my calf. So after having my car towed back home iv been trying to figure out what could be the problem but im getting no clues. Someone please help. I think i might have sucked some water up through the intake but not positive. Any ideas.
  • Downvote 1

gonna need to drain the oil, pull the plugs to get all the water out of the cylinders, check the air intake tube for water, but 99.9% of the time your fucked, because more than likely it bent a rod, if not and it starts change the transmission fluid
  • Upvote 1

Havent pulled plugs yet. And it will click over once when you try to start it but thats it. Any idea what to do next or who to take it to that can give me an idea of whats wrong?
  • Downvote 2

Havent pulled plugs yet. And it will click over once when you try to start it but thats it. Any idea what to do next or who to take it to that can give me an idea of whats wrong?

Do you read anything in your thread??? They all jsut said pull your plugs but you probably are screwed like said because your cylinder walls are probably covered by now. And the more you keep telling us you are trying to start it and the more time you let it sit there without taking out the plugs and driaing the oil the worse off you are going to be...

So get off here and go pull the plugs and drain your oil. As the water has been chilling in your engine for three days now and counting

• Upvote 1

It scares me that you can't read or reason. You should sell all of your cars and just ride a huffy.

I don't mean to thread shit or be a dick but you have been told what to do and given ideas yet you ignore them then ask for more help?

Did anyone mention to pull the fukcing plugs!?

j/k thats way to hard.

id have it flatbedded to a Mazda dealer for a full look at it... maybe Ricart or something equally expensive

...shouldnt cost you too much :rolleyes:

Another alternative is to check the dipstick for water in the oil. If water is present, the dipstick will have a brown, milky substance on it, or after a couple of days there will be surface rust on the dipstick. If there is, chances are a cylinder has been compromised and water is now in the crankcase.

If you aren't sure where the dipstick is, you can also unbolt the transmission, drop the oil pan, remove the crankshaft and pull each piston assembly to check for water in the engine.

car sat too long befor we could get to it. motors done, no money to mess with it cuz of saving for the wedding so back to the DD till deployment and ill buy something when i get back. thx anyways.

I will never understand why anyone runs an intake setup that would allow this situation to happen.

Realy the only decent set up for the car, but it shouldnt have happened regardless. I didnt expect broad st to be flooded like it was. Live and learn i guess.