Howdy all

Slowbalt

Good time at the grudge races tonight

It was nice meeting you too last night CRAWDAD last night was a blast wish I could have seen your car run.

Brandon the kill list last night was long and impressive dude your car is defently in the 12's and its not just barely breakin into them your defently deep into the 12's after what I saw it doing to to some other peoples cars last night. And I can assure you alot of people are gonna remember that car from last night, because so many people were all grins when you would stage and kept saying wow that car is so quick when you were going down the track lol. I think your run against the tubbed out nova proved that.

Dude u drive a glorified cavalier

It may very well be but that glorified caviler walked an older m5 and a bolt on ls1 car from 60 rolls, and took a bolt on c4 vette by 3 to 4 cars from a dig at marion. Thats just mentioning a few of the cars it walked last night. Ill drive that glorified cavalier all day long. Its no different than an srt4 thats no more than a glorified peon or I mean neon...

read the thread. he posted pics, mods, etc. :rolleyes:

I wasn't talking to Brandon, I was talking about Drak03

Noobs don't welcome noobs

You need to have at least 100 posts AND have been on here for at least three months before posting in anyone else's "welcome me" thread. Breaking this will get you an infraction./QUOTE]

Dude u drive a glorified cavalier

Anyone who says this must know very little about the Cobalt SS/TC. The only thing in common with the normal cobalt is the shell. Engine and suspension is totally different and it walks all over cars 2-3 times the price. I'm by no means saying it is the most bad ass car out there but it is a pretty impressive cost to performance ratio.

Anyone who says this must know very little about the Cobalt SS/TC. The only thing in common with the normal cobalt is the shell. Engine and suspension is totally different and it walks all over cars 2-3 times the price. I'm by no means saying it is the most bad ass car out there but it is a pretty impressive cost to performance ratio.

Agreed, it's pretty much the greatest handling FWD car you can get. I've driven an SS/SC and liked it, I bet the SS/TC would be 50x more fun

Agreed, it's pretty much the greatest handling FWD car you can get. I've driven an SS/SC and liked it, I bet the SS/TC would be 50x more fun

I got a little hatch that will argue that point ;)

Welcome.

"Because the Cobalt SS doesn't just compete with the foreign cars, it beats them. It is the hottest-performing sports compact you can buy in the U.S. for under $30,000." I am impressed that Road and Track said this. It really is an amazing car and Im really more of a v8 guy, but this car is truely impressive. Everytime I get to ride in it I just smile its really all I can do and very few 4cl turbo cars with as little modds as this car has, have ever gotten this reaction out of me. Plus Road and Track tested a 4 door and Slowbalt's is a 2 door so out of the box I would have to assume it is slightly better numbers than they recorded.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q1/cobalt_ss_v_wrx_and_5_more_sport_compacts-comparison_tests/2709_mazdaspeed_3_grand_touring_page_8

There are tons of others too, but a couple have been removed from the sites as they are touting the 2nd gen model.

No one is saying that your car sucks or anything, lol. I looked at the MS3 when I was shopping but went with the CSS because of the raw performance and significant lack of torque steer. One of my buddies has a MS3 and he would have got the CSS but the seats were too "confining" -read *bolstered* for him. I personally prefer the interior of the MS3 over the cobalt hands down but when it comes down to it, Chevy spent all their pennies in the right places on the Cobalt as I don't really care about the interior, I care about numbers. The article you posted up even says that the cobalt won in handling AND speed and the only reason they didn't like it was "the tires couldn't put down the power" and "the interior is cheap". The stock tires are junk but I still have traction issues even with the NT05's on it but I'm making significantly higher than stock power too. Long story short these cars are very similar and some prefer one over the other, it just depends on your preferences.

No one is saying that your car sucks or anything, lol. I looked at the MS3 when I was shopping but went with the CSS because of the raw performance and significant lack of torque steer. One of my buddies has a MS3 and he would have got the CSS but the seats were too "confining" -read *bolstered* for him.

I didn't take it that way. Just good fun debate. All part of CR. Seat wise, I agree. Love them, but a tad tight, even for my 185lb ass.

I personally prefer the interior of the MS3 over the cobalt hands down but when it comes down to it, Chevy spent all their pennies in the right places on the Cobalt as I don't really care about the interior, I care about numbers.The article you posted up even says that the cobalt won in handling AND speed and the only reason they didn't like it was "the tires couldn't put down the power" and "the interior is cheap".

You're right different strokes. Personally, I chose the car for the exact reasons listed as power....that is easily tweaked, the rest of it isn't. As much of a domestic fan as I am, Mazda does put together a high integrity tight car with better than average materials.

The stock tires are junk but I still have traction issues even with the NT05's on it but I'm making significantly higher than stock power too. Long story short these cars are very similar and some prefer one over the other, it just depends on your preferences.

I'm in the same boat although I run All Seasons vs the excellent summer only stock tires it came with. Mainly because I used to daily the MS3 way more than I do now that I have the Fusion. Not many of either are bone stock. ;)

I didn't take it that way. Just good fun debate. All part of CR. Seat wise, I agree. Love them, but a tad tight, even for my 185lb ass.

Glad to hear this because there would always be flame wars on CSS.net from both sides of this argument. It is a silly one because they are both fantastic cars. I am just a bit more drawn to the Cobalt. Probably somewhat because of its docile looks. It really catches people by surprise when they chuckle that a cobalt even dares rev at them, haha. I also like that manufactures are starting to build more performance oriented compact cars. If I wanted a "no hold barred, all out racecar" I would get something with an LSx but I wanted a nice unsuspecting daily driver crammed full of current technology.

The "awesome summer only tires" that come with the cobalt are junk in the summer and simply dangerous in the winter. Those were one of the first things to go!

"the interior is cheap".

Hell you can really say that about all gm cars pretty much. The vette is one of the sexest cars out in my world and the interior is garbage. I really dont care about interior though im all about speed thats why I loved my old ws6 with its slighty upgraded ponitac sunfire interior ha ha ha.