Self Call out-Thrash Time 4GCRX

coltboostin

Well, its less than 2 weeks till the DSM shootout, and I got an itch to see this CRX run. So, in an effort to motivate me to get it done (well, throw it together to get it there ) I am making a thread declaring I WILL HAVE IT THERE.

Cliffs-Rear Engine 1985 CRX

4G63, F5M33 trans-and all stock drive line parts to keep it simple and cheap.

Now-4G61 (it was free) Evo816g, 14b and whatever I can find in the garage! I had a XXmm sitting off it, but lets get the bugs worked out before we get crazy.

Update-I have wanted to do it for a while but until the same of the RX-7, did not have the room for another project. I got the motor and trans figured out some 4 months ago, but I have been busy Racing the Busa and my Colt GT losing focus on the CRX. Now, its 2 weeks and counting, and I have a car to build!

Right now-the car sits with a short block in the back, some mics. turbo parts, and thats about it. Call the cat out of the bag. MANY things need done-wiring, intake, turbo shit, oiling, final chassis shit (tie rod solution) Cooling, Fuel pumps/tanks lines-ect.

As it sits today I have no clue what form this car will make it to the shootout, but if it gets there, I will call it a success. There will be a lot of testing with this platform before I can get serious with the power. But if it works as I hope, it will get VERY serious this winter. I wont quote the numbers I will be shooting for-but I'd look to eclipse the Colt's power and performance by a significant amount.

Wish me luck! I'll update with pics when I get my Camera back.

Awesome. I love seeing 4G engines swapped into random stuff. 4G CRX's are among my favorites.

Good luck!

cool one i saw was a 4g63 in a small old nissian pick up... looked badass with the intercooler being the grill

Update-

Rear steer eliminated. I used a stock rack-centered it- and welded it. IC piping figured out-Fuel system is 99% done. Brake system done (not yet bled or tested). I still need to figure out a throttle cable solution, set up a clutch cable to hydraulic set up-and run some lines for that. Trans needs to come down to install a Clutch/flywheel. Beyond that-it needs to be wired, install the seats, build a firewall, then its ready for a test drive. Its many little things that add up to one large project. Believe it or not the largest hurdle I see my lack of rear fender.

The DSM rear sub frame is quite wider than the Honda Rear, and I have about 2 inches variance b/w the Hub and the body of the car. The small flair (only one side to test fit) my friend Mike made looks great, but its going to be no where large enough to accommodate any wheel or tire I’d like to use. So, I need someone to make fenders that are a cross between a mid 80’s 911 and a Shogun Fiesta. Its out of my hands since I am not a body guy, so things are not looking good.

I will have pics up this evening.

It didn't click to me where I had seen that bike jacket combo until the end of the day.... Mexico road videos. Lol

I can't imagine that thing is easy to launch. I much rather ride a 600 from a dig myself.

What did you think about MAPs 4g63 FD. That thing was getting it done.

It didn't click to me where I had seen that bike jacket combo until the end of the day.... Mexico road videos. Lol

I can't imagine that thing is easy to launch. I much rather ride a 600 from a dig myself.

What did you think about MAPs 4g63 FD. That thing was getting it done.

I'd rather dig on the street with a street tire! True story.

MAP's Car runs well, they have had the thing in operation for a year now. I did not see it run-how did it do today? 8.something I would expect.

I'd rather dig on the street with a street tire! True story.

MAP's Car runs well, they have had the thing in operation for a year now. I did not see it run-how did it do today? 8.something I would expect.

Best run that I caught was 8.14 @ 170 and the launch didn't look perfect. I thought they were going to crack 7s, but the next two times they hit the lane, they got backed off the track after they did thier burn out.

Where the hell was AWD motorsports, or Dynoflash, or any of those other guys?

And who had that old blue 5 door hatch running bottom 10s? That might have been the best sleeper I have ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the late update-

Got back to working on it. Clutch went in-working on building a Hydraulic set up for the car. My goal is to hear it fire within the next 2 weeks, then finish the chassis and work on a Rear fender solution. Pics are here-

http://s1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/4G63CRX/