LS1 Code

wagner

Had to leave the track before elims when the Server Engine Soon Light came on.

The code was pulled at advanced and was:

P0174

System Too Lean Bank 2

Could this be one of the new O2's failing? Car ran fine on the drive home at freeway speed and I did not beat on it after the light came on.

was she hot?

Nope never went above what it normally does. I dove it home with out any sort of issue.

The only other weird thing it does is sometimes it idles kind of low. I did some searching on ls1tech and ideas range from o2's, maf's, vac leaks, and fuel pressure issues.

Nope never went above what it normally does. I dove it home with out any sort of issue.

The only other weird thing it does is sometimes it idles kind of low. I did some searching on ls1tech and ideas range from o2's, maf's, vac leaks, and fuel pressure issues.

what? who cares about the car someone said chick in a vette. what do you think i was talking about? :p

I would look at that side first....check the simple stuff like an exhaust leak first. Highly unlikely that sensor is the culprit if it's new. Being side specific IMO that would make me not look immediately at the MAF or anything that would effect both banks. Check for exhaust leak, intake leak, or bad injector on that side. Do you have access to hptuners to log the car?

I would look at that side first....check the simple stuff like an exhaust leak first. Highly unlikely that sensor is the culprit if it's new. Being side specific IMO that would make me not look immediately at the MAF or anything that would effect both banks. Check for exhaust leak, intake leak, or bad injector on that side. Do you have access to hptuners to log the car?

The more reading I did on LS1 tech the more I am thinking this. It was only one bank and based on some of the issues I have already had with the exhaust it might be a leak.

I might have access to some software to log the car and that should help tell the tale.

A scan is worth a 1000 words. Should be able to point you in the right direction. Just get with your tuner and have them scan it. My guess is it is a weak o2 or exhaust leak around it.

That is kind of the way it is looking. Your sig just made me freaking laugh very loud :)

Everything I have read up on is pointing to an exhaust leak. In my research on this I did see another CR person had a similar issue and you were the one that helped to fix it from the looks of it!

Im glad you found your problem... your car seemed to run good tonight.

Thanks your buddies TA was NASTY. I want to touch that car in dirty ways.

I had a little adventure trying to find the part to fix the leak. It was a dealer only part and was actually part of an entire PVC system. Lamen wanted $112 for the whole thing just to get what was a chunk of hose.

I said fuck that noise, went to autozone got some hose, cut to length, installed, and car no longer idles like big foots dick.

As soon as it stops raining I will take it out to see if it throws the code again.

Now I would also like to take a second to send a HUGE thank you to Brady from Pickups Plus cars. He took the time help me with this, log my car, found the leaking part, and give me advice.

His shop and his own customer service are second to none. Not one time did he make jokes about my car, the problems it was having, or give me a hard time. He just wanted to make sure I was taken care of and happy.

Hope this takes care of the issue and gets the car back to fighting shape.

Thanks your buddies TA was NASTY. I want to touch that car in dirty ways.

Thanks, its a work in progress but we are getting it together. Its got a little left in it plus its still all stock front suspension except for the lowering springs, which i think is killin his 60 ft.