4G is in Columbus!!!

Putty

I was on Polaris lastnight and up came the 4G indicator. I turned it on and it was stable. I did a speedtest and I pulled like 8532 down and 1578 up. Web pages loaded like wifi..it was great!! Dunno how it's in Cols when there hasn't been any word on this city getting it anytime soon. No sooner than I left Polaris area, I lost it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably wasn't an actual 4G tower connection. Probably a 4G MicroCell.

I didn't know they have that kind of range.

My iPhone 4 loads pages faster than your 4g lol

lol...don't kid yourself.

I held the IP4 next to a 3GS and it barely outperformed that. Wouldn't come close to my EVO.

I am currious what the outcome would be. Wanna get together somewhere and video it? 3G iPhone4 (un-jailbroken) vs EVO? Loading CR?

Did I just set up a smartphone race?

I "Raced" my nexus running 2.2 against an IP4 on wifi and it was real close, I call it a tie. Mine would load flash sites a lot better though for some reason ???

Weird, flash didn't load on an iPhone? Huh.

I think this should be 3G to 3G. No Wi-Fi.

Weird, flash didn't load on an iPhone? Huh.

I think this should be 3G to 3G. No Wi-Fi.

Well if we went 3g-3g, T-Mobile would whoop AT&T and everyone else. hspa+ muhfakas. Depends on whether this is a network or a phone test.

they could be "lighting up" Columbus, before they reveal it as 4G available. though you would think it would be posted on their website in their 4G roadmap. we should have gotten it before a lot of these other cities. either way, i will be happy when the 4G lights up on my inbound Epic!

4G with sprint is way faster than ATT 3G..... The posted speeds by the op show this. But check this out:http://i.gizmodo.com/5155882/verizon-lte-wireless-clocking-60mbps-in-us-tests-confirmed-to-launch-in-2010

Droid x doesn't come with adobe. You need to be running 2.2 and you can manually install it but there should be an update soon. The Iphone doesn't have flash, that is why flash pages don't load on it very well :). My "old and busted" Droid 1 is running 2.2 and overclocked to 1GHZ. Who wants to race?

Edited by Slowbalt