4G is in Columbus!!!

Putty

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currious what the outcome would be. Wanna get together somewhere and video it? 3G iPhone4 (un-jailbroken) vs EVO? Loading CR?

Did I just set up a smartphone race?

Oh, mama....I'm down. Who wants to video it?

Well, this race would be testing the data connection..ATT Vs Sprint, not so much which device is better....correct?

Nope just run what ya brung. We could do both if you like. Just curious as to real world how ridiculously similar they both are. I bet it's less than a tenth of a second. :)

perhaps you meant sprint's remarketed Wimax bullshittery labeled as 4g.

Sorry, but WiMax is 4G. Sprint is using WiMAx version 1.0. Version 2 of the WiMax standard has just been finalized and that does support 100Mbps speed. WiMax in it's current form, still has a fatter pipe and longer range than LTE does. Verizon and AT&T will use WiMax as the infrastructure to deliver the content to the towers and LTE from there, because it WiMax is faster. Why they do not just deploy it across the board, I have no idea. WiMax is currently in over 145 countries, with over 1 billion people currently having access to it. LTE is jsut in Baltimore.

I bet it's less than a tenth of a second. :)

I'll agree with that.

There is no LTE is columbus, perhaps you meant sprint's remarketed Wimax bullshittery labeled as 4g.

Moving along.

See, there are things that iPhone and Android owners can agree on.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CC8QtwIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgeZSBEi9afo&ei=QFJtTMb3M4GdlgeZ0umwDg&usg=AFQjCNG3HSSizpLMEXvL2Ka1ZayF8a1VgQ&sig2=_AxkRqp85uhrWu1YqDwalg

Charles: What phone do you have now???

I picked up a sweet SERO plan for my wife. I hope they open it up to android phones soon. For now the best she can get is a HTC Touch Pro 2. Bill is usually like $35/month with the taxes etc.

$30.00/month

* Sprint EMP Referral FF 500

* Unl Shared Night&Wknd Min 5pm

* Unlimited Incoming Minutes

* Sprint Fair & Flex

* Caller ID

* Adjustable Anytime Minutes

* Call Waiting

* Three-Way Calling

* $30.00 Minimum Monthly Charge

* Voicemail

* Nationwide Long Distance Included