Hows it going CR?

NismoTuned

Hey everyone hows it going? My name is Ian and I'm obviously new to CR and pretty new to the scene in general. I know a little about cars but am trying to learn more. I drive a 1992 240sx Fastback. It is completely stock with the KA24DE and extremely clean. Bought it with a salvage title, had it inspected so i could get plates. I plan on doing everything myself except the bodywork and paint, and the engine swap.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/489/1881/38720940001_medium.jpghttp://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/489/1881/38720940003_medium.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/489/1881/38720940002_medium.jpg

I put a vented Carbon fiber hood on it as well as replaced the hood pins on it. Still needs a little more body work done, so its going to the shop monday!

Also put a Megan Racing Catback exhaust on it, since the exhaust needed replaced anyway. Put the exhaust on, wired up the lit sleepy eye mod also.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/489/1889/38720944001_medium.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/489/1889/38720944002_medium.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/489/1889/38720944003_medium.jpg

I have a couple of plans for it in the future..

*Tint windows darker

*Put some Eibach Sportline lowering springs with upgraded shocks on it

*Get some Rims and Tires

*Drop an S13 SR20Det blacktop in it (I know everyone does it :/ )

*Body Kit/180sx Type X Spoiler and paintjob (either black or blue..)

*180sx Type X Kouki Tail Lights

*Work on engine mods after

Still going for a clean look however.. Not a ricer with a bad paintjob and a huge wing..

I love all things imports and am interested in seeing what Columbus has to offer in terms of the racing scene.

Thanks everyone!

• Upvote 4

thanks man ha ha im still a college kid.. with a job as a waiter.. so i think an ls1 is out of the question :/ plus i kinda like japanese motors :)

I here ya... then put a chevy 350 in it :) much cheaper and still fast..

where did yu pick the car up at it look very well taken care of

Glad to see you decided to join, Ian.

I met Ian through SICCA and suggested he start coming to some CR events since he's into the standard car/tuner/racing stuff that many of us are. He's a great guy---hope he gets in and you get the chance to meet him.

Welcome. +rep

• Upvote 1

looks like you already started with the carbon fiber hood and JDM SLEEPY eyes.

car does look good but get good coilovers rather than spring/shock combo.

Ps your headlights are broken.

Fair enough ha ha. when its done hopefully you guys wont think its a ricer but well have to wait and see. I was thinking about getting coilovers but since a) im on a college kids budget i dont have a lot of money. I'd rather buy nice springs/shocks then cheap coilovers and b) i dont plan on tracking the car much if at all as it is still my only car therefore its my dd.. I heard that coilovers aren't nearly as comfortable a ride as spring shock. I'm still considering it and have a little bit of time since im getting the rear quarter fixed and painted. After that is an S14 5 lug conversion with z32 brakes. Only time will tell if it turns out to be a ricer :)
  • Upvote 1

You're going to spend 2-3 grand swapping a SR in there properly. (I know, I did it) Go with something that has more power potential. Come to CMS this Sunday. There are usually quite a few 240's there.

what time would i need to be there? and what swap would you suggest? i chose the SR because it is matches perfectly with no custom harnesses or anything. i had thought about an RB25 but again i would need a lot of work including harnesses motor mounts etc..

what time would i need to be there? and what swap would you suggest? i chose the SR because it is matches perfectly with no custom harnesses or anything. i had thought about an RB25 but again i would need a lot of work including harnesses motor mounts etc..

I'm pretty sure they start at 12. The harness needs modded to work right.

like i said though im too much of a fan of imports and japanese motors to drop a 5.0 in it ha ha. its not going to happen for a while though so i got time to figure it out. My friend has a 5.0 stang its pretty bad ass.. just had the rear axle replaced too.. off topic sorry. and i dont mind dropping all my money into this i love this car more than anything i dont care how much money and time it takes but ill def think and keep my options open. let me know if any drift/autox events or any meetups come up im trying to get some ideas and get involved in the scene as much as possible

I promise you i won't rice it out.. already enough ricers near cleveland ave.. and i bought the car from a guy who works at buckeye nissan, super clean and all stock!

You already failed at your promise:

- Unpainted carbon fiber hood

- Useless hood pins - blue at that!

- Dumb headlight mod

- Fart can

Have you done ANY non-ricer mods yet?

Welcome. :) Nice intro. It's your car, do what you want. Not my personal taste but I don't have to drive it so whatever. Please though, for the sake all all things virgin Mary, do not get the wing. :)

http://digiads.com.au/carsales/used-cars/car_ad_photos/digiads_car_ads_98925_1.jpg

NitrousBird- since i dont really have a career let alone decent stable job and am still in school paying off my already huge amounts of debt from just one year at school i dont have the money to paint the hood and im not about to rattlecan that shit. Also even though it isnt white im happy w the way it looks since it is true carbon fiber and functionally vented and not some dumb ass cosmetic scoops i bought from auto zone. I dont see how the hoodpins are useless? so if you wanted to explain to me how you suggest i hold the hood down because the stock latch isnt strong enough be my guest. and i only got blue because it had shitty old rusted red ones. You dont think its possible i may want to eventually get a paint job in some shade of blue or another color with blue accents?However i do not see how a) the headlight mod is rice/dumb, i think it looks good which is all that matters and b) if you want to point out a non ricer exhaust and ship it to me feel free, because my dad payed for it so i could get this car inspected from its salvage title i bought it in and since i will eventually be swapping a turbo engine in it it would have been dumb to replace the cat and downpipe/headers that wont fit the new engine. but no matter, i guess since its not done it looks rice to you, although i disagree, you are entitled to your opinion. You drive a firebird- im not into those nor do i think they look good so but im not knocking it. if you like it thats what matters. You may like domestics for all i know, i like imports. i happen to like clean, lowered imports with certain body kits and wings. Nothing too over the top and nothing rice in my opinion. I know rice- theres like a 4:1 ratio of cars to ricers on cleveland ave. no disrespect i just disagree w your rice comment

Whew.. sorry ha ha my ADD med makes me super talkative..

Yenner- Its not my favorite but i was thinking of just making this a 180sx type-x replica but im still unsure.. i dont really know what would look good.. none of that aluminum shit or those dumb invader wings or whatever there called.. i dont want anything huge but i know i definately still want a wing.. Any ideas? :) And thank you for the nice intro comment and respecting my opinion! :)

**Edit** oh and nitrous bird- im not actually going to drift this car. its my dd. Especially not rolling on stock suspension and wheels. When i do have the money to get this project moving, i plan on just making a fun car to drive w some performance, handling, and visual upgrades. If i am able to ever get a 2nd car for my dd i may think about taking it and auto-xing it and drifting it at the track every once in a while but no, i do not intend to build this as a drift car.