Hows it going CR?

NismoTuned

dont really have a career let alone decent stable job and am still in school paying off my already huge amounts of debt from just one year at school i dont have the money to paint the hood and im not about to rattlecan that shit. .

Welcome. However, for not having a career, stable job and a pocketful of debt with more to come, you have a lot planned.

You're better off not putting what good money you may earn towards a salvage car. Plenty of DD guys with no mods are here enjoying CR. This way at least in 1-2yrs you won't be one of the many I've seen come and go here that are still without a career, stable job more than one pocketfuls of debt and a riced out car still with a salvaged title. BTW, my wife has her own law practice which includes 14 years of Bankruptcy experience.

Enjoy.

haha. I mean i still have a job just not career yet since im about to be a soph in college lol. But im pretty good w managing my money i love my car and wouldnt spend my money any other way (except on bills first and my girl). It may take a while and some people may say its a waste of money but im addicted to it and love my car. I dont mind how long it takes or money. As long as I pay my bills first i dont mind putting more money into it :) and thanks i will continue to enjoy it!

i love my car and wouldnt spend my money any other way (except on bills first and my girl).

You're doing it wrong. If you're young and good looking, make them pay their own way or for you :bangbang: In the end, just marry-up and you'll be fine.

NitrousBird- since i dont really have a career let alone decent stable job and am still in school paying off my already huge amounts of debt from just one year at school i dont have the money to paint the hood and im not about to rattlecan that shit. Also even though it isnt white im happy w the way it looks since it is true carbon fiber and functionally vented and not some dumb ass cosmetic scoops i bought from auto zone. I dont see how the hoodpins are useless? so if you wanted to explain to me how you suggest i hold the hood down because the stock latch isnt strong enough be my guest. and i only got blue because it had shitty old rusted red ones. You dont think its possible i may want to eventually get a paint job in some shade of blue or another color with blue accents?However i do not see how a) the headlight mod is rice/dumb, i think it looks good which is all that matters and b) if you want to point out a non ricer exhaust and ship it to me feel free, because my dad payed for it so i could get this car inspected from its salvage title i bought it in and since i will eventually be swapping a turbo engine in it it would have been dumb to replace the cat and downpipe/headers that wont fit the new engine. but no matter, i guess since its not done it looks rice to you, although i disagree, you are entitled to your opinion. You drive a firebird- im not into those nor do i think they look good so but im not knocking it. if you like it thats what matters. You may like domestics for all i know, i like imports. i happen to like clean, lowered imports with certain body kits and wings. Nothing too over the top and nothing rice in my opinion. I know rice- theres like a 4:1 ratio of cars to ricers on cleveland ave. no disrespect i just disagree w your rice comment

Whew.. sorry ha ha my ADD med makes me super talkative..

Yenner- Its not my favorite but i was thinking of just making this a 180sx type-x replica but im still unsure.. i dont really know what would look good.. none of that aluminum shit or those dumb invader wings or whatever there called.. i dont want anything huge but i know i definately still want a wing.. Any ideas? :) And thank you for the nice intro comment and respecting my opinion! :)

**Edit** oh and nitrous bird- im not actually going to drift this car. its my dd. Especially not rolling on stock suspension and wheels. When i do have the money to get this project moving, i plan on just making a fun car to drive w some performance, handling, and visual upgrades. If i am able to ever get a 2nd car for my dd i may think about taking it and auto-xing it and drifting it at the track every once in a while but no, i do not intend to build this as a drift car.

- A stock hood wouldn't need hood pins, now would it? Bet you could have found a stock hood already painted white too

- Headlight mod is stupid, no matter how you slice it

- Stock exhaust, or one without a big fart can, can be had/found easily

You can justify what you did all you want - in the end, you still riced out your car, and haven't installed a non-ricey mod yet.

- A stock hood wouldn't need hood pins, now would it? Bet you could have found a stock hood already painted white too

- Headlight mod is stupid, no matter how you slice it

- Stock exhaust, or one without a big fart can, can be had/found easily

You can justify what you did all you want - in the end, you still riced out your car, and haven't installed a non-ricey mod yet.

+1

Keep the car stock and drive it. You're in no position to modify a car at this point in your life. Concentrate on school, save up your money, and mod cars later when you're at a better financial position to do so. This is your daily driver, right? No reason at all for hood pins, and the hood is rice. Learn from older, wiser people on this site who were once in your position and made the same mistake you're in the process of doing

Welcome Ian, nice to meet you the other night. I'll shoot you some info here in the next week.

Don't mind the cranky old men running around here, grew up in a different era of car modifying and won't ever like the import scene. No I don't LOVE the mods, but the enthusiasm is there which is what is more important. It is your car after all and that is what needs to be respected.

Take my advice and don't put any money into your car while you're still in college. Debt piles up faster than you might think (just got done with 4 years at OSU, ask me how I know). But if you do decide to go ahead with the project, just remember that you won't get back the money you put into the car (especially being a salvage title).

That being said, you've got a pretty clean car there, welcome to the site.