Nissan Maxima vs Buick LaCrosse

KillJoy

If I had to get one of the two I would get the Maxima simply due to the sportier appearance and the fact that I don't see as many on the road. However, if I was going to spend that kind of money on a mid-size luxury sedan I wouldn't chose either one of the two.

If I had to get one of the two I would get the Maxima simply due to the sportier appearance and the fact that I don't see as many on the road. However, if I was going to spend that kind of money on a mid-size luxury sedan I wouldn't chose either one of the two.

yes, this...and i would go maxima just because i like japanese cars...but that's just me :)

Guest tbutera2112
335i is 42k. Twin snail BMW is what I would buy, no way I would buy a Taurus for the same price.

gotta say, i forgot all about this car

i take back my previous statement and i agree with ben

maxima!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reliability, styling, and reliability.

lmao at this. not saying nissans arent reliable, but last i checked on J.D. powers list, buick was 1st or 2nd and nissan was a ways down.

oh and lacrosse all the way, they are some nice cars. if you havent been in one, you should lol.

lmao at this. not saying nissans arent reliable, but last i checked on J.D. powers list, buick was 1st or 2nd and nissan was a ways down.

oh and lacrosse all the way, they are some nice cars. if you havent been in one, you should lol.

so what, they made the list. THIS YEAR? The VQ platform has had top top 10 engines awards for the last 10+ years! Not just this year, or last WELL OVER A DECADE!!!!!!!!!

http://www.allbusiness.com/services/business-services/3983751-1.html

so what, they made the list. THIS YEAR? The VQ platform has had top top 10 engines awards for the last 10+ years! Not just this year, or last WELL OVER A DECADE!!!!!!!!!

http://www.allbusiness.com/services/business-services/3983751-1.html

Buick has been on top of JD Power for multiple years.

KillJoy - Honestly, what do you need/want the car for? Long trips? Comfortable cruiser? Need a lot of trunk space? Is rear seat space important?

I drive a lot of cars and when it came time for us to get something I was stuck between a LaCrosse and a decked out Equinox. We got a better deal on the Equinox, so that's what I ended up with, and we're very happy. Although, I was making a conscious effort to buy something American, every Nissan dealer I've ever been to has been full of giant assholes, I refuse to buy something Korean, I would chop my balls off before buying a Toyota, and not much in the Honda/Acura stable fit the bill.

(I currently have a 2006 Nissan Altima, before that I helped my mom pick out her 2001 Altima, and my parents bought a 1991 Maxima new, which I drove for several years in the early 2000's. My father in law had a '06 Maxima, a '07 350Z, a 2007 Murano, and now has a 2010 Altima Coupe) - That should help my "Nissan Cred."

Buick has been on top of JD Power for multiple years.

KillJoy - Honestly, what do you need/want the car for? Long trips? Comfortable cruiser? Need a lot of trunk space? Is rear seat space important?

I drive a lot of cars and when it came time for us to get something I was stuck between a LaCrosse and a decked out Equinox. We got a better deal on the Equinox, so that's what I ended up with, and we're very happy. Although, I was making a conscious effort to buy something American, every Nissan dealer I've ever been to has been full of giant assholes, I refuse to buy something Korean, I would chop my balls off before buying a Toyota, and not much in the Honda/Acura stable fit the bill.

(I currently have a 2006 Nissan Altima, before that I helped my mom pick out her 2001 Altima, and my parents bought a 1991 Maxima new, which I drove for several years in the early 2000's. My father in law had a '06 Maxima, a '07 350Z, a 2007 Murano, and now has a 2010 Altima Coupe) - That should help my "Nissan Cred."

I had a 95 maxima with over 270,000+ miles on it that i drove for 4 years, then i gave it away and they drove to over 300K before something blew. currently my girl has a 96 with 140k on it, drives it LIKE CRAZY. nothing major has went out of it, the only problem she had was when she bought it, she bought it with some sensors fucked up. other than that, drives it like fucking crazy. my 350z has 110k on it had it for almost 3 years. there are countless stories of the VQ with over 300K on it, even more. it's fairly common occurrence with that platform.

i wasn't trying to say the Buick wasn't reliable, just that the maxima (nissan) is MANY YEARS proven reliability.

Lacrosse. They are really nice, quiet, and comfortable. Personally, I think the new Maxima is fugly.

Agree completely. Both were a little above the range I had for a DD choice recently given I wanted it fully loaded to the gills, but I did drive them.

The Maxima just has zero style if you ask me. Inside is very nice, edging out the Buick IMO, but the outside is dull and goofy. Buick has a very nice style with a slight edginess to it. Compares very well to the ES350 which I also drove. I think GM would have a bang up killer car if they just put its price down $3-4 more grand.

Perhaps its just me, but the new style of Buick combined with a downturn in the economy and a deep seated desire to the US / GM come back just makes me appreciate them a bit more than even just one year ago. I mean come on, the Lacrosse is certainly not inline with what people expect from Buick. I say the same for Ford to a slightly lesser extent with the Fusion Sport. Compare it side by side on a drive with the Altima and Ford kicks ass for the money. Ask anyone who has seen my car and it's features.

Buick, again, has a good look and makes people say "Buick ?" whereas the Maxima makes people ask WTF is Nissan doing with their styling. To each their own...but Buick in my book.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2009/07/19/470421.1-lg.jpg

http://www.ecarsavenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/buick-lacrosse.jpg

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2010-buick-lacrosse_100183703_l.jpg

http://cdn.getauto.com/photos/4/13734/1c/1N4AA5AP5AC801670-1c.jpg