Street Life Tour - September 18th - Kilkare

04silvrz

I can get four CR members into the show for free, but you gotta help move cars.

The organizers asked me to display five of my cars at the show and I've agreed, weather permitting. Problem is this: I've got to get them all from Delaware to Xenia early Saturday morning and then back to Delaware Saturday night. We need to leave from Delaware by 7:30 a.m., and return would be around 9 or 10 p.m. You'd have no duties at the show, and they will waive the $20 admission fee.

Plus side: you get into the show for free, you save gas money, you drive an exotic an hour each way

Negatives: you need to get to Delaware early Saturday morning (maybe carpool to Delaware?), can't leave the show early, can't drive like a tool

If you're interested and can make a firm commitment, I need to submit the names by September 7th. Let me know your car preference. I'll drive what's leftover.

Toyota Century (RHD, automatic)

Toyota Celica GT-Four WRC (RHD, left hand shift 5 speed)

Mitsuoka Viewt (RHD, CVT tranny)

Lotus Elise Type 72-D (LHD, 6 speed)

Mercedes SL 600 (LHD, automatic)

All have A/C. No food/drink/smoking in the cars.

I can get four CR members into the show for free, but you gotta help move cars.

The organizers asked me to display five of my cars at the show and I've agreed, weather permitting. Problem is this: I've got to get them all from Delaware to Xenia early Saturday morning and then back to Delaware Saturday night. We need to leave from Delaware by 7:30 a.m., and return would be around 9 or 10 p.m. You'd have no duties at the show, and they will waive the $20 admission fee.

Plus side: you get into the show for free, you save gas money, you drive an exotic an hour each way

Negatives: you need to get to Delaware early Saturday morning (maybe carpool to Delaware?), can't leave the show early, can't drive like a tool

If you're interested and can make a firm commitment, I need to submit the names by September 7th. Let me know your car preference. I'll drive what's leftover.

Toyota Century (RHD, automatic)

Toyota Celica GT-Four WRC (RHD, left hand shift 5 speed)

Mitsuoka Viewt (RHD, CVT tranny)

Lotus Elise Type 72-D (LHD, 6 speed)

Mercedes SL 600 (LHD, automatic)

All have A/C. No food/drink/smoking in the cars.

Id Be interested

This "event" wasn't too exciting for some of us. A couple of us made it out to make some test and tune passes and they did zero track prep. Not a single drop of anything. It sucked. The only thing that I got from this was annoyed by the idiots who were parking in the staging lanes blocking people from getting around them to actually run. I realize that it might be better this time, but I won't be there to find out. Hopefully for the rest of you it's better than it was.

I've heard nothing but bad things about this event, can anyone deny or confirm these reports? I'll go if its worth my time, there might be a caravan of us from Zanesville/Newark/Heath heading to Dayton if its worthwhile. Doc i'd drive one of your cars but I am too afraid of breaking something lol

I did not run on the track, so I can't speak to those conditions. I know that the times were not very fast and it seemed to me that if CR's usual track day crew had attended, we would have taken home most of the the 6-foot trophies.

I enjoyed the music and the car show. The Benz won 1st place in the Euro category. The crowd was a bit bigger than Import Face-Off. The drift finals were great to watch. The $5,000 purse draws the top national talent.

There were a fair number of vendors, including some of our CR sponsors. Seemed like a number of people came from out of state, and it seemed to me (based on people asking me about my car) that there was more enthusiasm for cars than I see at many events.

I had a really good time, but I know that a number of members here said they didn't want to attend because of the number of ricers and drifters. I can respect that .... to each his own.

I've heard nothing but bad things about this event, can anyone deny or confirm these reports? I'll go if its worth my time, there might be a caravan of us from Zanesville/Newark/Heath heading to Dayton if its worthwhile. Doc i'd drive one of your cars but I am too afraid of breaking something lol

Ive always had much more fun at this event then the one at national trails, I can not comment on the track prep but, its always just fun go watch and look around.

no every time i have been there has been 0 track prep. 2yrs ago with my car and last yr with the tbss. they could care less about the drag racing and just care about the drifters and ricers. its better than nothing but, i wont be there this time bc we are having a streetcar event down here in cincy so all our fast cars will be at tristate

I did not run on the track, so I can't speak to those conditions. I know that the times were not very fast and it seemed to me that if CR's usual track day crew had attended, we would have taken home most of the the 6-foot trophies.

I enjoyed the music and the car show. The Benz won 1st place in the Euro category. The crowd was a bit bigger than Import Face-Off. The drift finals were great to watch. The $5,000 purse draws the top national talent.

There were a fair number of vendors, including some of our CR sponsors. Seemed like a number of people came from out of state, and it seemed to me (based on people asking me about my car) that there was more enthusiasm for cars than I see at many events.

I had a really good time, but I know that a number of members here said they didn't want to attend because of the number of ricers and drifters. I can respect that .... to each his own.

ill drive the benzo

j.k i work saturdays, id love to go :(

• 2 weeks later...