Garage epoxy floor paint

Buckeye1647545503

So I am signing a lease soon and after that I want to fix up the garage a bit before I move in. Does anyone have a hook up on epoxy floor paint (prefer light gray)

Also gonna want multiple sheets of the smooth white board they use for bathrooms could use a discount on that if possible. It is a rental so I am out this cash (worth it to me )but I'd like to limit the amount as much as possible. Thx

what he said, I have been researching this stuff tiredly and have found names like sherwin williams armor seal 1000hs, the griots floor epoxy, wolverine coating and supercoat are some of better products for the money. Will cost me 400-600 to do my 3 car garage

what he said, I have been researching this stuff tiredly and have found names like sherwin williams armor seal 1000hs, the griots floor epoxy, wolverine coating and supercoat are some of better products for the money. Will cost me 400-600 to do my 3 car garage

This! Use the stuff you have to actually get rid of the top layer of your garage floor first and then use the epoxy. Shit works awesome, my buddy did his and it was about $1,000 for the suplies. Man it looks good and holds up. My $100 Home Depot stuff came right up.

Me and my dad did his buddies garage floor using the Behr product. Its what his buddy wanted, it looks good when it first goes on, but after some tires have been driven on it, youll have pieces lifting up

Before:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Work%20Stuff/before.jpg

After:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Work%20Stuff/after.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Work%20Stuff/flake.jpg

So I am signing a lease soon and after that I want to fix up the garage a bit before I move in. Does anyone have a hook up on epoxy floor paint (prefer light gray)

Also gonna want multiple sheets of the smooth white board they use for bathrooms could use a discount on that if possible. It is a rental so I am out this cash (worth it to me )but I'd like to limit the amount as much as possible. Thx

Why would you even bother doing that with a rental property?

I would ask the owner BEFORE you do that if you haven't... ;)

If you do it anyway, spend the time and $$$ to do it right. Make sure it's 100% epoxy based and not water based. If you don't get the right one it's going to peel up and look like shit so take your time and get the right one. Most of it is in the prep work but a good coating will cover some bad prep also....

I used this brand: http://www.epoxy-coat.com/

The floor looks great and just as good as the day I did it (8-months ago).

I always get real close to doing this but then I read countless threads on the garage journal site about people who even prep perfect with a shot blaster or grinder and etch and use expensive stuff like sherwin williams, u coat it ....etc and it will still have problems. I sometimes think this stuff is for the non working garage. Unless its a fresh slab it seems real involved

I have donr and seen it done a few times friend has a shop that the paint is 5yrs old and is a busy shop used every day by 2 techs. Yes his need a new coat at his point but concidering the complete lack of care he has given it and the stuff he has spilled on it that are to never be on it I am sure in mine it will last a long time

When it comes to this stuff the phrase "you get what you pay for" truely applies. We laid 20k ft of epoxy at the springfield air base and not 1 of those floors have an issue (2+ years later)

you laid the behr stuff there or was it something else

please don't coat your floor. i have had to grind off almost every floor we have done that they bought the kit from lowes or depot or some other garage floor paint. yes its cheep but at the same time you get what you pay for.

now the stuff i put down isn't cheep but it comes with a 10 year warranty. how many of the other companys will stand behind their product?

http://www.ultimatefloorsbyrhino.com is our site. yes we are a division of rhino truck liners, you know thats good stuff.

please don't coat your floor. i have had to grind off almost every floor we have done that they bought the kit from lowes or depot or some other garage floor paint. yes its cheep but at the same time you get what you pay for.

now the stuff i put down isn't cheep but it comes with a 10 year warranty. how many of the other companys will stand behind their product?

http://www.ultimatefloorsbyrhino.com is our site. yes we are a division of rhino truck liners, you know thats good stuff.

Do you ever give us CR guys a brake if you go with you? I might be looking into doing this next year after I finish the walls in the garage. Avg cost on a 2 car garage?

I plan to stay for awhile and I want it to look the way I want. I was more thinking sherwin williams paint and not home depot paint.

Do you really want to get sued when your rental contract is up to remove it...? Why not just buy your own house and do it how you want... :confused:

....and if you buy that cheap stuff it's going to look like crap!

The nice floor coatings are epoxy free.

That's not true at all...

Another good brand is Wolverine but it's a little more pricey.

There is a newer process that is better than epoxy but it will NOT be in your price range.

didn't read the above posts, but if you're looking for a cheap solution, in a non-permanent house (rental)---just go to lowes and get the rustoleum kit and be done with it. i did it in my old house, and it still was fine after 5 years. if you want it done professionally, expect to pay around $3 per square foot. sounds pricey, but i have a 10 year warranty on my floor coating and i don't have a single mark on it yet

i can't even do it for $3 a sq. ft. we are at $5 sq. ft. and thats less than rhino wants us to do it for, but there is nothing else out there that can touch it.

That's over $2000 for a normal 2 car garage floor!

I'd rather spend the $50-$100 once every year or two and do it myself. Hell after doing it once it should only require touchups in the future, so can't be that bad.

My dad did the stuff you buy at lowes and just spread/roll out with a paint roller like 8 years ago in his garage, which is like 35'x100' and its held up fine through multiple cars, trucks, bikes, boats, motorhomes, shelving, furniture, etc etc.

Just my .02

That's over $2000 for a normal 2 car garage floor!

I'd rather spend the $50-$100 once every year or two and do it myself. Hell after doing it once it should only require touchups in the future, so can't be that bad.

My dad did the stuff you buy at lowes and just spread/roll out with a paint roller like 8 years ago in his garage, which is like 35'x100' and its held up fine through multiple cars, trucks, bikes, boats, motorhomes, shelving, furniture, etc etc.

Just my .02

some people think the samething so they try the cheep stuff. they i have to charge them even more when we redo it. one guy had 8 different colors on his floor that i had to grind off. i know that nobody on cr would ever drop that kind of money on a garage floor thats why i never told many about it or became a site sponsor. but there alot of people that do.

do i have an epoxy/clear thats cheeper? yes. would i recomend it for a garage? yes. is it as good as the main product we use? no. better than the crap at lowes? way better.

i can't even do it for $3 a sq. ft. we are at $5 sq. ft. and thats less than rhino wants us to do it for, but there is nothing else out there that can touch it.

That's cheaper than quotes I got. To bad you aren't closer, I probably would of had you do mine but I already did it... ;)

I always just get the diamond grinder from work(takes about 15 mins to do an average 2 car garage floor), acid wash, rinse, let dry, check for moisture with plastic overnight and apply sherwin williams epoxy. Have never had a floor fail. Floors typically faile either because the epoxy was applied over something that it could not adhere to(could be a drop of oil or anything which could cause a void in the seal), or the concrete wasnt tested for moisture prior to applying causing in a lack of seal or breaking of the seal.

that's the advantage of living in a hardworking, blue collar town--no one would pay $5/sq foot. it took them a week to do my floor. the floor was blasted, powercleaned, seams filled, primed, 2 coats of gray, chips applied, 2 coats of sealant---its apparently 30mil thick, and again, warranteed against normal wear for 10 years. my garage is mostly a 'show' garage and will not even see normal wear. but the garage is about 2000 sq feet.