rental cars

phil

You will be hard pressed to find a rental company which has trucks with hitches. Your best bet would be to contact uhaul, budget or penske. The last 2 may but uhaul certainly has some sort of box truck or something.

You are correct, BIG time no-no to tow with a rental truck at least from Enterprise. I now when I worked there we had to make sure and tell people they were not allowed to tow with them.

Now I know that might seem weird, but the company has to limit the liability it is exposed to ( or at least that is what I was told)

Your best bet will be either a moving type company or maybe lowes but the trip you are planning I don't think Lowes will work for you.

I do know from experience there is an enterprise in dayton that offers rental trucks with hitches. Most of the major companies that actually have them only offer them to corporate accounts.

Wow that is kind of suprising they offer it to the public or even a corporate account. I got in trouble because I had a customer tow with a truck, wreck the truck, and had the insurance on it.

I mean you could rent the truck or suv, hope it has a tow package, hope the pig tail for the lights are there, and really hope you don't fuck the thing up.

I have seen people pay some big bucks for fucking up a truck after towing with it.