Nelson Ledges Track Day (October 10th, 2010)

theweiser1

I have been trying to get a track day together at a road course for a few years now but it never worked out. However this year I was able to book an event. With the help of our sponsors I am proud to present the LAST track day at Nelson Ledges for 2010. They will be closing the track for the season after this event.

Nelson Ledges Track Day (October 10th, 2010)

Presented by: Torqued Racing Solutions & SVT Owners Association Ohio Chapter.

Where: Nelson Ledges Road Course- Garrettsville, OH

When: Sunday, October 10th, 2010

Gates open at 7am, lapping starts at 8am and ends at 5pm

Spectators, family and friends are FREE! You only have to pay if your going to race.

Cost: $100 per "race pass/driver".

http://www.eventbrite.com/registerbutton?eid=819548291

General Event Information

Driving Rules and Information

Please Check out the sponsors that made this event possible!

Further information for the event is on registration page and can be found at TorquedRacingSolutions.com

We are still have a few sponsor spots available. Shoot me a PM or reply if you have any questions or your interested in being a sponsor.

Hope to see you guys at the track!

Edited by theweiser1

First off THANK YOU to whoever put this together, awesome event and great price!!! I looked and had couple questions, is there going to be a cut-off on number of entrants?? Also what is the cut-off date to register and pay??? Thank You.

Your welcome!

Right now the cut off is set at 30. We may and i say may increase depending on signups. We need to get people registered quickly as possible. This makes is easier for us and the track.

Also keep in mind when planning for this event the Rain Date is Saturday, October 16th, 2010.

Futhermore here is some code to put a link to this event in your signature if you wish.

[url="http://trs-nelson-ledges-trackday.eventbrite.com?ref=elink"]Nelson Ledges Track Day (October 10th, 2010) - Register Now![/url]

* its not php but you get the idea. just copy and paste.

Was up there a month ago in the 7 and there was the best selection of cars I have ever seen for a track day saw a new GTR a turnkey race Viper with a 100 miles on it ,I got a ride in a stock Evo Mr with just a reflash and was pretty impressed for a stock car.

So this will essentially be in their Funday format?

You're limiting it to 30 cars? That'll be a ton of track time and open space, which could be cool.

Yes essentially their funday format. We will be running 3, 20 minute sessions every hour from 8am - 5pm. Sessions will be spilt up based on skill level. Novice , intermediate and expert. If your not being honest... they will know probably within the first lap and black flag you and will be asked to run with another group. Depending on the number of people we have signup, we may only do 2 sessions every 20 minutes. Just have to wait and see. Either way your going to get a lot of track time. After speaking with Nelson Ledges this type of format seems best for our track day. This will allow the guys who are "experts" or at least good do their thing without having to worry about all the new guys slowing them down. Hopefully this will provide the best track day experience regardless of your skill level.

For now the limit is set a 30. However I may raise it by 10 depending on signups. Right now we have 2 people registered. People procrastinate ... however it would helpful if your going to come to get registered ASAP.

Depending on signups... we may have lap timing for 20 vehicles. This will be displayed on our site and you will be able to download your lap times if we do this. Just depends.

Rain date????

We race at Nelson in the rain - they cancel track days for rain?

(OK, well I guess I can understand, sort of, but jeezzz)

Thats what they offered if the weather is crap. Its probably they don't want us on the track in the rain... not that would couldn't do it.

I created a pdf flier if anyone is interested in downloading, printing and distributing.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/37065316/Nelson-Ledges-Track-Day-October-10th-2010

Feel free to download and email to any friends / family / forums that might be interested. Also if your planning on attending/racing please register ASAP.

Thanks,

Shawn

Here's the line up so far.

2000 Ford Mustang GT

2008 BMW 135i

2007 Ford Focus ST

2000 Toyota Celice

1991 Miata w/1995 1.8l engine swap, track suspension, rollbar/seats/harnesses

2000 Celica GTS

2005 Mustang GT, 430RWHP, Brembo brakes, Springs, struts, sway bars, Slicks, Roll Bar.

1990 spec miata

2008 Mustang GT500

http://trs-nelson-ledges-trackday.eventbrite.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if dogs are allowed?

http://nelsonledges.com/FAQ.aspx

Q: Are pets allowed?

A: Yes, as long as they are leashed. Aggressive pets should be left at home. And you must pick up and dispose of waste left behind by your pet. And PLEASE do not lock your pet in the car with the windows up.

Updated post with session times and "official" schedule for Sunday. We are up to 32 drivers! :D

http://www.torquedracingsolutions.com/