t56 or th400 and brake in the 89 turbo blazer build

Mattsv8

hey guys should i do a t56 or a th400 and brake in the 89 s10 blazer build up.

the motor will be done soon and ill be making turbo headers and mount for it. but should i go with a t56 two overdrives for a kickass driver with 550 whp. or a th400 and go for the 60ft and good ets.

Ill sell you a lt1 t56 for it has a bell and such as well

for how much. a lt1 would work since its a 1g motor.

i have a bunch of th400s so thats the cheaper route. and the th400 and t56 use the same mount t56 just requires a spacer. so if i wanted to go fast i can always swap later.

Yep 93-94 close ratio. 94 to 97 wide ratio and .5 6th. nothin like a turbo blazer with a carb and e85 getting 25mpg. and 550 at least whp. gona b a riot. got a line on one on craigslist will check it out friday. and maybe have that part done

yea big problem here mark 1400 at the motor th400. me 900 th400. man i dont see the logic. my th 400 uses all stock parts a hipsters brake and a drum for a diff sprag. thats it bud u think a th 350 is going to hold over 1000 hp and 800 ftlbs? this isint a game. ive blown plenty of th 350s before going with a th400. power dont mean shit when the trans in in peices. try again. i use stock clutches too. damn i guess they are far weeker than a th350 with smaller clutches too.

no doubt a th350 may hold my new setup at 550 hp but what happens when i wana change to a larger charger in a month or two and it wont hold, plus a th350 isint a direct swap with a t56.

How soon are you wanting one. My plan is to swap a built t56 from RPM into my 95 Camaro this winter.

the turbo setup will be a winter build. if your serious and the price was right i would hold off. main reason for wanting to get it in now is to move the motor trans combo back and make the new mounts. wana make room for a larger turbo in it just in case.

i already have 3 built th400s. they just need the hipsters brake added and their ready to rock. so when i wana go fast i can just swap to the th400 and swap driveshafts.

from the research i did while at work a 93 mn6 is 3.36 2.07 1.35 1.00 .80 .62

a 94 is a m12 2.97 2.07 1.93 1.00 .80 .62

and the 95-97 is a mm6 2.66 1.78 1.30 1.00 .74 .50 wich is the gearing i need. turbos deff dont need close ratios or a 3.36 for first im running a 3.73 rear gear and that may be too much. but will work good for crusing. im hooking the cruise control back up too.

cause it dont need them. the th400 stock clutches hold verywell. and unlike alto reds. do better long term use. reds wear faster and are arround 100 for each pack. not including steels. never once had a clutch fail. and thats 3yrs worth of beating on the trans going low 9s and high 8s. plus many street drives with high trans temps.

there is no doubt the blazer will only be mild for a short term i cant leave nothing alone.!

im already leaning toward a 80mm. or the 88 off my s10. wich would be arround 800whp.

thinking of going with a bb 106 in the s10 with the new motor.