Child seat in a Corvette?

zeitgeist57

My kids been in my vettes for years. I have never had a child seat in the vettes, they had to wait until they were out of the child seat.

I was thinking something along these lines. Would it be reasonable to wait until she can sit in a booster seat? If it were me I might feel safer with a booster seat in the front seat (of anything) than a child seat. I'm sure there is a reason to put child seats in the back seat if the car has one.

Did she miss coming to C&C today? You can't haul her Jeep around in the Vette. :p

that's not even a real carseat....it was a class project :(

Note that this design is purely conceptual and does not fully function.

The project was done for a fourth term product design class where the assignment was to design a softgood product.

My son has been shotgun in my c5 z06 almost daily from 3.5 months to 15 months. He is now too large for that seat so the last 2 months he has only been in the explorer with his new seat. As long as it will fit I will put him back in the vette (however I am not sure if there is a tether attachment so he may not get to ride again until he is older)- as AJ mentioned there are latch connectors and you turn the airbag off with the key. I even had the hilliard fire department check the installation and they approved before we went riding together.

hth,

Andrew

Simpson has had them out for a while.

http://assets0.saferacer.com/images/P/93000_1_lg.jpg

I say go for it! Kids enjoy a quit pop of the throttle.

This is the EXACT car seat I have for my daughter currently, only difference is the simpson logos on the shoulder harness. It's a Graco. Mine was $100, save a $129. :rolleyes: I can take a pic tonight.