Top Tech Tip #1

zeitgeist57

If the plastic vacuum check valve on your power brake booster becomes brittle and breaks apart, be sure to clean up all the plastic pieces inside of the brake booster itself...even if it requires disassembly.

That spongy feeling a day later - followed by a terrifying loss of power brakes and engine miss from a vacuum leak - is probably the result of plastic shards puncturing the diaphragm within your brake booster.

Have fun replacing a $300 part that never should've broken in the first place. :(

I knew it was most likely his Corvette, but it did sound like some kind of German fail to me. Having owned most likely the hardest to work on, most problematic German car out there I feel I have rights to joke about it. I don't know though, a guy I knew that had an S600 bi-turbo always had expensive repair bills, too.

You are right, most vehicles do have their fair share of problems. However it seems German cars are the most complex and expensive to figure out. I've owned 71 cars now and I think the only car I wouldn't attempt to delve too deep into would be something VAG.