DSM Fuel Help Please..

92eclipseGSX

About a week ago i was driving my car home, and i would give it a lil gas to merge onto the freeway and my car would start to chug and and get deprived of fuel. My AF monitor would immediately jump from 14.7 to 16.00 thats what it tops at *NGK Model* I just went out to my car to start it up cause i havent driven it since it started messing up. Got it to fire and since it being cold it was at idle around 2200rpm and my fuel monitor was at 14. range. but when they revs dropped to normal idle it just shut off, tried it again and did the same. I started to think maybe my Fuel Pump is going out.. samething IPS also said, but before i go a drop some money can i get some input first please.

Thanks

What are some of the mods done to the car? What are you using to tune with?

ETS Front mount, 2.5 Bushur Turbo Back Big 16g. Evo8 Injectors, Fuel lab FPR.

I believe the previous owner put a external walbro 255 FP.

The car is untuned i was planning on getting it tuned in the next month but this is about to set me back on the tune. It also has a Apexi SAFC in there also.

Do you have a wideband? I know when the battery died on my 2g and went back to the base settings on my link chip the car acted in a very similar manner. So being untuned could also be causing the problem, But as stated above if your fpr has a gauge watch that while someone cranks the car. Also when doing this unplug the vacuum line going to the fpr and plug it with a bolt / screw and make sure that the base fuel pressure is 38 psi with the line off.

Before My problem i checked my Fuel Pressure and it was around 35-40. I had my buddy check it when i had the car was on.. It didnt die this time it stayed on and idled. My buddy said the Fuel Pressure was around 25. He said when i reved it, it would come down to about 20, so my pressure is lower than it should be..And to Carwhore ive heard people talk about checking the ECU Caps What does this mean never heard of that, and how do you do it. Thanks.

when your buddy checked it was the vacuum line off and plugged? And are you saying that as you reved it the pressure went down?

I didnt have the line plugged just left it normally just to try and get it started to see if it would stay on and it does, but yes when idle it was about 25psi and when reved my buddy said it went down to about 20psi.

• 2 weeks later...
Fianlly was able to get my pump installed, and got it running, my FPR says im around 30psi, but its still not getting into the engine. Im starting to think Injectors. I noticed that i can move my injectors, and im pretty sure they should be able to move. I hope its just some bad seals and not the injectors themselves cause right now i cant afford some new EVO8 Unless someone has some for sale.