The cars in 20years?

Comebackkid

Watching a show on what's in store for the automotive world in 20years. They have cars that will drive for you a the car and road will talk and will give us hands free driving. To me that would be sweet, never have to worry about fender benders or nothing like that. Just like it was in the early 1920,s were they started the free ways and connecting the east coast with the west coast. The one down side is that I'll be 44years old lol. I would almost say I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us and how the world will be for our kids and there kids. UNLESS THE WORLDS ENDS IN 2012 lol

I'm really disappointed with where cars are headed. Although that is my opinion, fender benders are human error. Why dumb down society by making things easier? Why not make it harder to get your license and the odds of fender benders will go way down. Then let's consider the point of getting in your car is to drive, not eat, text, apply makeup, etc..

I like cars the way they are minus hybrid technology, let's stay here for awhile and see what happens.

Also what percentage of America, or the world for that matter, will be able to afford cars with that technology? Even if it is produced it would be years before the majority could have them by buying them used. Then the systems in said cars may suck.

I'm really disappointed with where cars are headed. Although that is my opinion, fender benders are human error. Why dumb down society by making things easier? Why not make it harder to get your license and the odds of fender benders will go way down. Then let's consider the point of getting in your car is to drive, not eat, text, apply makeup, etc..

I like cars the way they are minus hybrid technology, let's stay here for awhile and see what happens.

+1

I love driving, the day when I hit a button and my car takes me on a scenic journey through hocking is the day I start biking everywhere.

+1

Fuck that. I'll have a jet pack by then. Driving as we know it will be restricted to tracks!!! It'll be considered a hobby. Driving as we know it will be and extream sport.

And what is this age block people keep throwing up. 44? Like that's too old to enjoy life and be active. That's the down fall to society.

Fuck that. I'll have a jet pack by then. Driving as we know it will be restricted to tracks!!! It'll be considered a hobby. Driving as we know it will be and extream sport.

And what is this age block people keep throwing up. 44? Like that's too old to enjoy life and be active. That's the down fall to society.

You must be getting old....:bangbang:

With all of the idiots that text, talk, eat, do makeup, etc. no drivers test in the world will help. Making driving tests harder will just mean the people that get into accidents should have been better drivers... Auto pilot is exactly what is needed for these non attention paying assholes that are on the road.

If you would have said Audi invented it Jones would have backed it 100% lol!

Auto pilot is exactly what is needed for these non attention paying assholes that are on the road.

If you would have said Audi invented it Jones would have backed it 100% lol!

I concur. Thousands of lives every year, saved. Hard to not want that. Plus think of how drunk you could get and not feel guilty getting into your car.

20 years from now cars will still be four wheeled, human operated, 4,000 pound death machines. optimistically, driving will have actually become a privilege due to the preponderance of cheap, effective public transportation and licensing will be a rigorous process.

for instance, the german philosophy on drunk driving: zero for beginners (less than 2 years' experience and drivers under the age of 21) as well as drivers making commercial transportation of passengers; 0.03% in conjunction with any other traffic offense or accident; 0.05% without evidence of alcoholic impact; penalty for 0.11% is driver licence withdrawn for about one year; for 0.16% regranting of the licence requires a successful medical-psychological driver assessment

I don't see self-driving cars in the next 20 years, but we're going to head in the direction not for safety, but for fuel consumption. If you can plug your destination into your car and then have your car coordinate with all the other cars around you to get to that destination without having to stop or slow down at all, that's going to lead to an impressive reduction in our national fuel consumption. Just imagine if all your red blood cells were driven by typical American drivers -- we'd all be fucked.

I don't see self-driving cars in the next 20 years, but we're going to head in the direction not for safety, but for fuel consumption. If you can plug your destination into your car and then have your car coordinate with all the other cars around you to get to that destination without having to stop or slow down at all, that's going to lead to an impressive reduction in our national fuel consumption. Just imagine if all your red blood cells were driven by typical American drivers -- we'd all be fucked.

this made me lol.

Self-driving cars and this technology exist today. The 20 year claim is the estimate for when it will be cheap enough to be in an average priced car.

And Jones, I'm sure lots of people would like to go to Hocking for a ride in Stanfod's Audi TT.

Just because some people have them, doesn't mean everyone will. Until everyone has them, or they make separate roads, no one will be any safer. I can just barely ride with my wife, I don't think I could set there and let go of the wheel and let a car drive me around.

I can't wait until this new paralell parking feature fails on new cars. I don't know how they have set the car up in case it fails, but if not done correctly the lolz will insue. I can't think of what it will cost to fix it if it does as well. Something most people don't consider when buying new cars.

I can't wait until this new paralell parking feature fails on new cars. I don't know how they have set the car up in case it fails, but if not done correctly the lolz will insue. I can't think of what it will cost to fix it if it does as well. Something most people don't consider when buying new cars.

On the one hand, people said the same thing about fuel injection.

On the other hand, I totally agree with you. If your power windows, power locks, power steering, 14 speaker surround system, automatic climate control, traction control and whatever other gizmads stop working, you can still use the car as basic transportation. But if the power button on your Prius stops turning the car on, you've pretty much got no choice but to throw money at it or send it to the scrapper. We're gonna hit a point of no return where we either start treating cars like airplanes, or we stop pushing technology.