Still working the bugs out on the Nova

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets

Well I have been out twice now to Marion and am finally getting much needed seat time on my car. The best pass so far is 11.66 at 113.73 with a 1.7 60 foot with a blown out blower base gasket.

Im currently at 7 lbs of boost and 34 degrees timing. There are alot of changes I want to make on the car. I finally got the carburetor to go WOT as it wasnt opening all the way.

I jettet the carburetor down on both the mid and mains before last friday and need to make further adjustments.

I bent over and dropped 630 bucks on some AFCO BNC but have yet to install them. I really need some input on how to set up my traction bars. They are like the caltracs in design. How much preload I need in them I do not know I havent messed with them yet.

I am thinking about locking out the timing , getting the AFCOs in the car , messing around with the rear shocks and bars.

I will be out this sunday at trails wish I wasnt so late getting started.

I do have the nitrous system pretty much all ready to go and am hoping to be able to spray the car at the dragway 42 meet.

Im hoping I can shave off another 4 tenths with tuning the suspension and motor before I spray the car.